i7-3930k + Corsair all-in-one idle is over 80C.

HeyKitty
7g1lgTQ.png

So I got the CPU + MOBO + Cooler used for free because the first owner didn't like the heat being output. and when it hits 91C it starts throttling. cinabench I got a 41....  Ideas on how to fix it?

THIS IS MY SUPER TEENY TINY SIGNATURE!

Ain't it just the cutest little signature.

Some would argue it is the cutest little signature ever.

First, try reseating the cooler and reapplying the TIM. If it continues to be hot, try to find another cooler to try out. You may have been sold a defective CPU cooler if the pump's died on it. 

First, try reseating the cooler and reapplying the TIM. If it continues to be hot, try to find another cooler to try out. You may have been sold a defective CPU cooler if the pump's died on it. 

Already did all this...  I took it off, cleaned it up with some cleaning alcohol, and reapplied some of my thermal grease. as for the motor in the pump, I know it works.

THIS IS MY SUPER TEENY TINY SIGNATURE!

Ain't it just the cutest little signature.

Some would argue it is the cutest little signature ever.

7g1lgTQ.png

So I got the CPU + MOBO + Cooler used for free because the first owner didn't like the heat being output. and when it hits 91C it starts throttling. cinabench I got a 41....  Ideas on how to fix it?

Make sure both the fans and pump of the AIO are plugged in, they won't do you much good if they are not plugged in.

Otherwise I'd guess the pump may be dead or something.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W