SLI GTX 970 FTW

PUREVENOM

I was wondering if anyone has SLI the Evga 970 FTW and how much of a performance gain is there? 

performance depends on the games. around 50-60 percent better than one card. you want to test, take your current fps and multiply it by 1.6. that will give you a range

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

performance depends on the games. around 50-60 percent better than one card. you want to test, take your current fps and multiply it by 1.6. that will give you a range

That about sums it up, however some games here and there may not support SLI. 

Anyhow, if not playing on anything higher than 1080p it seems like a waste to me. 

Me: Computer Engineer. Geek. Nerd.

[Educational] Computer Architecture: Computer Memory Hierarchy

[Educational] Computer Architecture:  What is SSE/AVX? (SIMD)

I SLI'd the MSI 970s and depending on the game you can see 0% (Guild Wars 2, a total CPU bound game) to 80-90% (synthetic benchmarks) in performance.  Average testing will yield around 50-60% of what you currently get.

It scales a hell of a lot better than that for me.  I get about 1.8-1.9x scaling.  

You're running into some sort of CPU wall if you're only getting 60% scaling.  

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

If you do more than 1080p gaming sure SLI is cool. But 1080 or Less you just waste money. I have 970 and every new game on ultra plays around 50 - 60 FPS which is the max, so you don't really need second card. + for second card you will need better PSU, about 850W one if you don't have one already. And remember to check if your motherboard supports SLI.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600, MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000 (2x8 GB), GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Gaming-X Trio, CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S, PSU: Corsair RM 650, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, SSD: Samsung 860 ECO 500GB, CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C