Asus Eee PC OS options

d1screet

So I've had the Asus Eee PC 1015CX for quite some time now, but it's been quite some time since I've tinkered with it let alone seriously use it. I'd really wanted to have something like Crunchbang work on it, but there were some real big issues here and there. I'd had Ubuntu on it for a bit, but am currently contemplating on just running Windows 7 on it with as many settings turned down as possible. The Intel Atom chip on it is not well supported by Intel, as far as I know; so which OS would work the best on it? I'm not really demanding a whole lot from it, I just want to know what would get me the most performance out of it?

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary RAM: Kingston HyperX 1600MHz 8GB (2x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 750Ti
Case: Corsair Air 240 White Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB PSU: Corsair CX500 Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: SteelSeries Kinzu V2 Operating System: Windows 8.1N

So I've had the Asus Eee PC 1015CX for quite some time now, but it's been quite some time since I've tinkered with it let alone seriously use it. I'd really wanted to have something like Crunchbang work on it, but there were some real big issues here and there. I'd had Ubuntu on it for a bit, but am currently contemplating on just running Windows 7 on it with as many settings turned down as possible. The Intel Atom chip on it is not well supported by Intel, as far as I know; so which OS would work the best on it? I'm not really demanding a whole lot from it, I just want to know what would get me the most performance out of it?

Windows 8 32-bit, it's quite optimized for low-end hardware (tablets) but you'll want to stick with stock apps like IE for the best performance.

"Rawr XD"

Huh, I hadn't actually thought of attempting to run Windows 8 on it. Do you think that the drivers required by the computer on W7 would run on W8 as well?

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary RAM: Kingston HyperX 1600MHz 8GB (2x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 750Ti
Case: Corsair Air 240 White Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB PSU: Corsair CX500 Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: SteelSeries Kinzu V2 Operating System: Windows 8.1N

Ubuntu with Lubuntu-desktop package installed desktop. LXDE kicks butt if you understand linux and want good performance. (it got celeron 560 laptop with running smooth with low ram)

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory