Nvidia 900m series notebooks

EzioSan

hello community,

So i was searching for a laptop in the 500€ range ( i live in germany). Then i saw that asus will put the "new nvidia gpus" in their notebooks starting math 12th. they are called 920m,940m and so on.

anyone knows how the compete against their former 800m series ?

will i be able to play current games with an i3 or i5 combined with a 920m/940m ?

regards assassino

You might be able to play games with them but not at very high settings.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

hello community,

So i was searching for a laptop in the 500€ range ( i live in germany). Then i saw that asus will put the "new nvidia gpus" in their notebooks starting math 12th. they are called 920m,940m and so on.

anyone knows how the compete against their former 800m series ?

will i be able to play current games with an i3 or i5 combined with a 920m/940m ?

regards assassino

I would assume that they will follow previous performance trends, in the sense that a 850m might be similar to a 940m , but anything lower than a 940m probably wont do too well at 1080p, and the vram configuration also makes a large diff, as some cards might have gddr3 vram which will further reduce performance.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd