Getting an entirely new system...

Reddit post with details: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcforme/comments/345wmk/getting_an_entirely_new_system_soon_need_build/

And to quote my pastebin:

Why I cannot Upgrade my current ComputerFor those of you in the know, or follow me closely, I am saving money for a new computer, preferrably in august or later. I will not be able to use my current computer for gaming, etc. until then starting the day my subscription ends with FFXIV. Once I order and the new computer safely arrives, boots, etc. I will be using DBAN on my current system. But you may be wondering, “Why can I not just upgrade my current system?” Well, I’ve outlined all the current problems with that below.    The PCIe Slot that houses the current GPU, has had its PCIe lock-in plastic bit come off.    The DVD-ROM Drive is over 4-5 Years old.    The GPU has “Stuck Dust” (IE: Construction Dust from the city) requiring alcohol cleansing, etc.    The Mouse’s scroll wheel is dying. (Razer Naga 2012)    The Keyboard is having problems with the A key and a few other keys. (Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013)    The HAF-X Case’s main side door has a bent portion, and a missing screw.    The HAF-X’s Case dust filters were no match for the amount of dust I collect. I can’t clean them easily anymore, and some of the case’s filters cannot be removed anymore due to the case having stuck bits.    The CPU is using a stock cooler.    I cannot install the below due to shaky hands, etc:        CPU        Motherboard        CPU Coolers (Including Water Cooling)What I’m looking for in a new computer:    Has to have at least an NVIDIA GTX 970.    Has to have an Intel i7 Processor.    Has to have at least 8 GB of RAM.    Has to have at least 120 GB of SSD Space.    Cannot have top fan areas.    No Dust Filters. Or Extremely Accessible Ones that do not require the case to have plastic portions that snap-in / off. (IE: Not like the HAF-X)    Power Supply has to be at the top or the case (with fan pointing up or toward the back) OR has to be rotated 90 Degrees with all top air vents pushing air out (none of them can have air pushing in due to dust build-up.)    Cannot cost more than 1900 USD

If you don't want plastic at all, I'd consider looking at something like LianLi for your computer case to be honest. I'd also debate that for every game possible, an i5-4690k + 2x GTX970 will outperform an i7-4790k + GTX970 and be around the same price.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

So would the define R5 be a good case? Is the door in the front too much or is it OK? It doesn't have top fans (it's got covers over them but you could install a fan) It's got 2 dust filters both very easy to remove from the front. It's got more intake fans places than exausth so it will help preventing dust.

What's with the power supply. Does it only need an option to act like an exausth or something else? I don't undersand.

If you don't want plastic at all, I'd consider looking at something like LianLi for your computer case to be honest. I'd also debate that for every game possible, an i5-4690k + 2x GTX970 will outperform an i7-4790k + GTX970 and be around the same price.

It won't out perform it by that much ..?

Secondly, there is more to a pc than gaming :P

(Which you probably know since you also have an i7 something.)

Thirdly, if he has the money for it why not just go for it? He get's the opportunity to stream really high quality and great multitasking capabilities.

PC  Specs 2022:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen R9 5900x @ 5.1GHz - Auto OC
  • Curve Optimizer Magnitude: -20
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX x570-F Gaming
  • RAM
                                        Kingston Fury 32GB DDR4 3200MHz 16x2GB
  • GPU
    MSI 3070 8GB Ventus 2x OC
  • Case
    LIAN LI LANCOOL MESH II Mesh RGB Black
  • Storage
    Kingston NV1 2TB M.2. NVMe
  • PSU
    Seasonic Focus GX 850w 
  • Display(s)
    MSI OPTIX MAG 251RX IPS 240hz & ASUS MG248Q Vertical 144hz & Dell 60hz
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken x73 360mm
  • Keyboard
    Tt eSports Meka G1
  • Mouse
    Logitech G Pro Wireless
  • Operating System
    -Windows 10 Professional 64bit

Something like this? Would it be ok? It is without any discounts promo codes or in-mail rebates.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4dtMdC

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4dtMdC/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($326.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

CPU Cooler: Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 POWER 73.6 CFM CPU Cooler  ($54.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($159.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Memory: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($119.99 @ Adorama) 

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($129.95 @ SuperBiiz) 

Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($124.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($314.99 @ Amazon) 

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($314.99 @ Amazon) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($107.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($78.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer  ($14.98 @ OutletPC) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($93.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Total: $1842.83

I wanted to make a build on the other side. Not meeting the requirements for the lowest price but getting as much as possible around the top price.

It won't out perform it by that much ..?

Secondly, there is more to a pc than gaming :P

(Which you probably know since you also have an i7 something.)

Thirdly, if he has the money for it why not just go for it? He get's the opportunity to stream really high quality and great multitasking capabilities.

The difference in games would be massive. LTT made a video showing that from an i5-4690k to an i7-4790k with the same system, the FPS difference is less than 1fps, but with 1x GTX970 to 2x GTX970, the difference is a lot more. The i7 is a bit of a waste of cash in most cases if you're doing normal light loads + gaming, only for rendering etc would the i7 truly show its usefulness. 

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I'd suggest planning later. ~2-3 days at most before you buy. Parts and prices change frequently so any parts list you come up with now will likely be obsolete by the time you're ready to buy.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.