Adapter uses PCI lane?

henry1006

It uses mini-PCIe.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Nope, that would be mini-pcie.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It uses mini-PCIe.

Nope, that would be mini-pcie.

so whats the difference between mini-pcie and pci lane?

my server mobo will be the asus a88x-plus, will it affect my 8 ports of sata 3. i need those 8 ports

so whats the difference between mini-pcie and pci lane?

my server mobo will be the asus a88x-plus, will it affect my 8 ports of sata 3. i need those 8 ports

PCI lanes won't affect your sata ports.

What you need is a PCIe to M.2 adapter such as this: http://www.amazon.com/ZTC-Lightning-PCI-e-Internal-ZTC-EX001/dp/B00S5M36J2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1430024465&sr=1-1&keywords=pcie+to+m.2

You plug it into a PCIe slot, then plug an M.2 SSD into it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

PCI lanes won't affect your sata ports.

What you need is a PCIe to M.2 adapter such as this: http://www.amazon.com/ZTC-Lightning-PCI-e-Internal-ZTC-EX001/dp/B00S5M36J2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1430024465&sr=1-1&keywords=pcie+to+m.2

You plug it into a PCIe slot, then plug an M.2 SSD into it.

but theres that sata port, will I be required to connect that sata port to the sata port on my mobo.

but theres that sata port, will I be required to connect that sata port to the sata port on my mobo.

No, you do not have to connect it to a sata port on your mobo, that sata port is there for you to connect another drive to if you so wish.