G2A support = 0, PayPal support = 1

deguzi

I'll try to keep this random story short, but the gist of it all: G2A support sucks ass, and PayPal support is great.

I purchased a product key for Win 8.1 Pro back in Sept. 2014 on G2A. It worked fine for a couple weeks til i tried to do a fresh install on a new SSD i bought, only to find out the key was no longer valid. I contacted microsoft support to see if the key was legitimate or not, and they said it was definitely not, as you can see below:

So, I reported the issue, then went to G2A to request a refund. After providing proof with microsoft that its an illegal key and debating weeks upon weeks with them, they finally granted me the refund.

But did I actually get it? ...HA, no.

Until this very day I still have received no refund. I contacted them. Their complaint department is absolutely trash. There's no one I can directly call over the phone, so I can only contact via chat and email. They can barely speak proper english, and have gramatical errors in their messages constantly. They give off this vibe like they don't care if I am satisfied with my session with them. It's just a pain.

So, their default response is "It is a delay on paypal's end, so it should go through in a few weeks". uhh, what?  I use paypal all the time. This process should only take hours, if not, minutes to complete.

Anyways, I got fed up after months and went directly to paypal. They are much MUCH nicer in the support department. I told them the issue, and WOW, they just simply gave me a refund on THEIR end within MINUTES. The lady I spoke with said she dealt with this before and knows how scammy G2A can be.

Keep in mind, they have a 180 day window to dispute a transaction, and this payment was well over 180 days ago. And she still helped me. Apparently they tried contacting G2A in the past about other issues they had with customers, and they just do not reply in a timely manner.

So, moral of the story: G2A sucks, the "G2A shield" publicity thing is a load of crap, and their customer support is horrible. Thanks for saving me paypal :D

post-21736-0-41503500-1429910328_thumb.p

Rig

Spoiler

CPU: 4770k @ 4.2GHz 1.15v | Mobo: ASUS z87 Sabertooth | Cooler: Corsair H110 | RAM: Vengeance 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1070 | Storage: Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD, Seagate 4.25TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX850 80+ gold modu | Case: Corsair 650d | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Reds & a Leopold 210TP Numberpad Cherry MX Blues | Mouse: Logitech G502, DECHANIC desk mat | Monitor: 2x Dell IPS 23" S2340m & ASUS 144hz 24" VG248QE | Speakers: CA-3602a | Headset: Steelseries Syberia v2 Frost Blue OS: Win 10 Pro 

Yep Paypal will always side with the buyer :)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

G2A is not longer safe i guess..

FU^CK!, i thought to buy GTA V in 2 months from them.

G2A is not longer safe i guess..

FU^CK!, i thought to buy GTA V in 2 months from them.

In most cases, any time G2A is giving you a substantial discount over other retailers like GreenManGaming or Steam, then the odds are, the key is illegitimate or otherwise fishy.

Personally, I'd never buy from G2A.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

In most cases, any time G2A is giving you a substantial discount over other retailers like GreenManGaming or Steam, then the odds are, the key is illegitimate or otherwise fishy.

Personally, I'd never buy from G2A.

you are killing me, G2A is so cheap