Anyone have the amazonbasics video tripod?

Go to solution Solved by rmac52,

I have used this extensively with my dslr. It's big and heavy. Built like a fucking tank. I swear this thing will out last me.

I wish I could replace the head though. It's good and smooth but a little stiff. It works great for the price. I would put a nice head on it if I could. The plates are nice. It comes with 2 and there nice to use. The extra plate is nice. I use it to quickly mount things like lights and microphones when I want to hand hold the camera.

Don't get me wrong it's great for the price. it's really heavy though.

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

i have not used it. 

but from the pictures, the construction looks very good for $80. 

and it seems to have a quick release plate as well. which is a must.

only thing im not sure about is how well the tilting and panning will be. its no fluid head for sure. but i don't think it will be bad either. 

i have not used it. 

but from the pictures, the construction looks very good for $80. 

and it seems to have a quick release plate as well. which is a must.

only thing im not sure about is how well the tilting and panning will be. its no fluid head for sure. but i don't think it will be bad either. 

Agreed.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

MY school actually bought these for video production classes. Works relatively well, but we only use tiny handycams

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

MY school actually bought these for video production classes. Works relatively well, but we only use tiny handycams

How smooth is it?

@TheKDub, do you have it?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

How smooth is it?

Nope, I don't have one, though I should look into getting a decent tripod and camera down the road if I want to do tech reviews/unboxings :/

I was agreeing with him on how it looks pretty durable and well built from the pictures.

--edit--

According to some reviews, when tilting up and down it tends to stick a little when you start, but after that its relatively smooth, I'm sure its the same for panning around to some degree.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I have used this extensively with my dslr. It's big and heavy. Built like a fucking tank. I swear this thing will out last me.

I wish I could replace the head though. It's good and smooth but a little stiff. It works great for the price. I would put a nice head on it if I could. The plates are nice. It comes with 2 and there nice to use. The extra plate is nice. I use it to quickly mount things like lights and microphones when I want to hand hold the camera.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Thank you! I thought the head's were removable?

It's not any kind of standard mount. So even if it's removable there is no mounting a manfroto head on it.

I'll try taking it apart tomorrow to see how modable it is.

Anything else you want to know I'll find out for you.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

It's not any kind of standard mount. So even if it's removable there is no mounting a manfroto head on it.

I'll try taking it apart tomorrow to see how modable it is.

Anything else you want to know I'll find out for you.

Do you think the head is smooth enough for decent B-Roll?

Do you think the head is smooth enough for decent B-Roll?

Yes for stuff like b-roll and preplanned studio shots it's great. The majority of my video work is short track raceing. And the quick pans needed for that can be difficult. It's a smooth head just a little stiff for me.

Yes for stuff like b-roll and preplanned studio shots it's great. The majority of my video work is short track raceing. And the quick pans needed for that can be difficult. It's a smooth head just a little stiff for me.

Awesome, looks like this may be the tripod i need!

How smooth is it?

It is quite smooth (but again we only use tiny sony handycams) except when doing quick and sudden pans it is a little bit tight and is almost impossible to do without picking up the tripod. However, it is pretty good  especially given the price. They are actually really well built and are quite heavy. Feels like it will last. Great for our use with plenty of room for more professional things like b-roll, and a static camera placement.

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

SNIP

If you can spend a little more

fluid head tripod and jus get some cheap basic legs that you can add this tripod head to

http://www.amazon.com/Benro-S2-Video-Head-Black/dp/B008EH1WB2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1429718957&sr=1-1&keywords=benro+s2

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii