Planescape Torment.

zappian

I love that this game just spits in every modern game stereotype nowadays.

No matter how much the graphics evolve there was something that was lost from those days , this game has soul .

We lost something lately in games , passion .

We lost is so fast , now games are fast food like products , cookie cuter products on a assembly machine.

But games like this stand for innovation and passion like a shining beacon .

Its a philosophical interactive book with RPG elements , so damn unique and ire reproducible.

I will make a full review when i finish it , I am not that far ahead but if you like games you should play this now.

torment.jpg

That game was the shit. I miss this genre of games. Baldurs Gate, Fallout 1&2 anything team westwood. Good shit. 

yeah the time when games started to lose that something which i cant really put my finger on was arond 2006 when 360 and ps3 started to arise games became something that did not give that really good feeling and were bad because online patching started things in the industry started become more about the money than the games QA teams started evaporating and overall started not being good for some reason and i never enjoyed those games i always go back to early 2000 and 1994 games those were one of the most innovative times for pc and consoles to some degree

Coming from the person that nearly had a heart attack when i played deadly sin 2

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

This was pretty spooky too:

Legacy-of-Kain-Soul-Reaver-Purplesword.j

Vampire_-_The_Masquerade_%E2%80%93_Blood

Dxcover.jpg

Systemshock2box.jpg

monkeyisland_1.jpg

These are literally the only games I can think of that used to grab me like Planescape. But that immersion is unmatched. 

This was pretty spooky too:

Legacy-of-Kain-Soul-Reaver-Purplesword.j

Vampire_-_The_Masquerade_%E2%80%93_Blood

Dxcover.jpg

Systemshock2box.jpg

monkeyisland_1.jpg

These are literally the only games I can think of that used to grab me like Planescape. But that immersion is unmatched. 

great now you did it i can hear all the noise now that ppl are installing vampire the masquarade bloodlines. goes to steam and installs it>.< godammit there goes my free time

Never been a fan of these types of games, I know Planescape is well regarded but these RPGs have never been my cup of tea. I just bought Baldurs Gate for my iPad but I just cant play it, recently started wasteland 2, got hours into it but I am just getting bored :/

There are still modern games that stand as a beacon for creativity and innovation, just less so in the AAA market

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Never been a fan of these types of games, I know Planescape is well regarded but these RPGs have never been my cup of tea. I just bought Baldurs Gate for my iPad but I just cant play it, recently started wasteland 2, got hours into it but I am just getting bored :/

There are still modern games that stand as a beacon for creativity and innovation, just less so in the AAA market

Yeah playing it alone can be boring.

I stream it to @Laputacake and we make the dialogue decisions and stuff together , its fun.

Dont compare that abomination with the best storyline in gaming ( planescape).

K then ;3

Go get an emulator and go get a persona game, then you will learn the true meaning of storyline

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Go get an emulator and go get a persona game, then you will learn the true meaning of storyline

Dat high school plot is too much for my brain.

Gotta get new friends and shoot my head to summon a persona monster.

KEK.

Great plot m8.

Looks at persona games Lets see Character whit almost 0 background check, Side character are all the same except p3,Storyline that advances way too quickly,MC becomes way too overpowered in few weeks. Naaah jk personas are good games but it has its flaws in story great games but the story flow could be little bit better heres hoping that p5 will have really long story and alot of side quests pissed me off about persona games not enough stuff to do i literally completed both p3 and p4 both under 100 hours and yes i killed elizabeth too in p3 didnt 100% p4 cause i want to save that for the vita version which apparently has alot more stuff. persona games have really light hearted storyline which might appeal for some ppl but it isnt in no way perfect or super good even though i died little bit inside after p3 amazing music concept art and theme are mindblowingly good in my opinion but the story just could be so much more

I stream it to @Laputacake and we make the dialogue decisions and stuff together , its fun.

Yeah I guess doing it together is fun but I guess I just hate sitting there and reading my experience, I actually find those kind of games really not engaging for me, but we are all different :) just as I also dont like MMOs and Sports games, but some people live for those

I think we still have plenty of passion in the gaming industry, just look past call of duty 100 and assassins creed 3000 and most games still have heart

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

giphy.gif

Steve