Best fans for NZXT H630

Rambomst

I have been doing a bit of research into which fans are the best for my NZXT H630, as currently it just has the stock fans in it. I am really not sure which fans would be best to use.

Would it be better to leave the included 200mm fan at the front and add a 120/140mm fan to go with it for should I replace it with 3 120mm fans that have high static pressure (These will pull more air in?).

I also have an NZXT x61 Kraken which is still running with its 2 stock fans which I don't mind replacing and the HDD cages are still all in the case, I can remove two out of the 3 if needed.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

The case supports:

Front 2 x 200 or 2 x 140 or 3 x 120mm ( 1 x 200mm included )Top 2 x 200 or 2 x 140 or 3 x 120mmRear 1 x 140/120mm ( 1 x 140mm included )Bottom 2 x 140/120mmHDD Pivot 2 x 140/120mm

What's the reason behind replacing the fans?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What's the reason behind replacing the fans?

I am not happy with the temps I am getting. Someone from NZXT suggested I take the side of my case off, after removing the side the temps dropped by like 5-10 degrees. I don't really want to run my PC with the side off as I hate to think of all the dust that will get inside of it. So I thought new fans might improve the cooling of the case.

I am not happy with the temps I am getting. Someone from NZXT suggested I take the side of my case off, after removing the side the temps dropped by like 5-10 degrees. I don't really want to run my PC with the side off as I hate to think of all the dust that will get inside of it. So I thought new fans might improve the cooling of the case.

What are your current temps?

It would help to list your specs.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What are your current temps?

It would help to list your specs.

My temps which are around 35-40 idle and 50-70 at load with various different games. I have mentioned them before in this post.

*edit* Temps are degrees celsius.

These are my specs.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($469.00 @ CPL Online) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($168.00 @ CPL Online) 
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($309.00 @ IJK) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($758.00 @ Umart) 
Case: NZXT H630 (Black) ATX Full Tower Case  ($179.00 @ CPL Online) 
Total: $2065.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-20 16:18 EST+1000

My temps which are around 35-40 idle and 50-70 at load with various different games. I have mentioned them before in this post.

Those temps are fine?

Those temps are fine?

I have read in multiple places of people getting 20-30 degrees at idle which has made me unsatisfied with my temps, plus I would also like to not have the stock fans on the x61 kraken running at 75% as its pretty loud. While the noise doesn't exactly bother me with my headphones on, if I could get better temps and have it be a bit more quite that would be nice.

I have read in multiple places of people getting 20-30 degrees at idle which has made me unsatisfied with my temps, plus I would also like to not have the stock fans on the x61 kraken running at 75% as its pretty loud. While the noise doesn't exactly bother me with my headphones on, if I could get better temps and have it be a bit more quite that would be nice.

The H630 doesn't have good airflow and idle temps have a lot to do with the ambient temp. Chances are that a combination of the two are causing the higher idle temps. Replacing the fans probably wouldn't do much in terms of performance but should be very beneficial when it comes to noise.

How's your current airflow configured?

The H630 doesn't have good airflow and idle temps have a lot to do with the ambient temp. Chances are that a combination of the two are causing the higher idle temps. Replacing the fans probably wouldn't do much in terms of performance but should be very beneficial when it comes to noise.

How's your current airflow configured?

Currently there is the 200mm fan at the front pull air in, 2 fans connected to the x61 radiator which is at the top of the case also pulling air in, and a 140mm fan at the back of the case as an exhaust.

Currently there is the 200mm fan at the front pull air in, 2 fans connected to the x61 radiator which is at the top of the case also pulling air in, and a 140mm fan at the back of the case as an exhaust.

I'd suggest getting NF-A14's for the x61, flipping them for exhaust at the top, one for a rear filtered intake, and 2 for front intake. Removing the 2 of the 3 cages would be helpful. 

I'd suggest getting NF-A14's for the x61, flipping them for exhaust at the top, one for a rear filtered intake, and 2 for front intake. Removing the 2 of the 3 cages would be helpful.

The rear of the case isn't filtered, also I can put fans on the bottom if need be. Currently it is sitting on carpet but I can move it to a solid surface.

The rear of the case isn't filtered, also I can put fans on the bottom if need be. Currently it is sitting on carpet but I can move it to a solid surface.

I'd suggest getting a magnetic filter for the rear.

I'd suggest getting a magnetic filter for the rear.

Thanks, I wasn't aware that was a product.

i have a nzxt phantom 630 basically the same internal. i have the windowed edition so i don't have the fan on the side. i replaced my top fan with two 200mm led next fans and took out all but one game and replaced the front fan with two 120mm fans. i would do either the double 200mm at the front or some good 140mm fans and have them as intake and the bottom as intake then the top and exhaust and rear as exhaust.

Would I want the Noctua NF-A14 PWM version? Also Thor829 mentioned putting fans on the bottom of the case, what are you thoughts on that?

Would I want the Noctua NF-A14 PWM version? Also Thor829 mentioned putting fans on the bottom of the case, what are you thoughts on that?

That could be helpful. 

I really liked the air going directly at my graphics cards. if they weren't so expensive and ugly i would have all noctua fans. but you know money.

If you want a ton of air being moved and don't really care about noise go for scythe slipstreams, deltas or arctic f12/14s.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud