HP stream 7 worth it ?

My 13 year old sister needs to replace her Samsung Tab (very old one, I put Lollipop on it but still kinda slow)

HP stream 7 would be pretty great I assume since she also has school work and it comes with that free Office which is nice, minecraft on very low settings  (1 GB ram) would work fine too I suppose.

Is it any good? For 100 euro it seems like a killer deal, like the Moto G of the tablet world.

My 13 year old sister needs to replace her Samsung Tab (very old one, I put Lollipop on it but still kinda slow)

HP stream 7 would be pretty great I assume since she also has school work and it comes with that free Office which is nice, minecraft on very low settings  (1 GB ram) would work fine too I suppose.

Is it any good? For 100 euro it seems like a killer deal, like the Moto G of the tablet world.

http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Z50-15-6-Inch-Laptop-80EC0087US/dp/B00NNQFNV4/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1427932219&sr=1-2&keywords=lenovo+amd+a10

that laptop would be really amazing for your sister, but te hp stream is meh, i know a kid wo as one and i is pretty slow. I doubt it will run minecraft well at all. This other laptop i sent you is 2x the price but a lot better.

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

Nope, tried it and returned it two days later. 1GB of RAM is not enough for even two tabs in the desktop web browser, it's modern-UI IE or bust if you want a somewhat smooth experience, and even then open more then 2-3 tabs and it will choke. Minecraft, forget it.

"Rawr XD"

Nope, tried it and returned it two days later. 1GB of RAM is not enough for even two tabs in the desktop web browser, it's modern-UI IE or bust if you want a somewhat smooth experience, and even then open more then 2-3 tabs and it will choke. Minecraft, forget it.

Ok well then I won't take it.

I will agree to that 1GB is pushing it for any Windows device. The HP Stream 7 will do what he's looking at it to do. I would just wouldn't expect it to run 30 tabs in Chrome (would recommend using a light weight browser such as Midori). Personally, if she can hold off until summer Cherry Trail based tablets will be coming out that offer 12/16 Gen8 execution units compared to the 4 Gen7 units found in the current Bay Trail Atoms. Although the HP Stream 7 is only $79.00 now so it's still a pretty good deal for a full featured Windows tablet.

I will agree to that 1GB is pushing it for any Windows device. The HP Stream 7 will do what he's looking at it to do. I would just wouldn't expect it to run 30 tabs in Chrome (would recommend using a light weight browser such as Midori). Personally, if she can hold off until summer Cherry Trail based tablets will be coming out that offer 12/16 Gen8 execution units compared to the 4 Gen7 units found in the current Bay Trail Atoms. Although the HP Stream 7 is only $79.00 now so it's still a pretty good deal for a full featured Windows tablet.

Yeah for $80 it's definitely not a bad deal, but I would easily pay more for a 2GB version if HP were to offer it. It's a shame tbh

"Rawr XD"

Yeah for $80 it's definitely not a bad deal, but I would easily pay more for a 2GB version if HP were to offer it. It's a shame tbh

Same here, even the HP Stream 8 only comes loaded with only 1GB of memory. You can get a WinBook TW802 (8") for $129 that packs 2GB of memory.

Hopefully Cherry Trail offerings are far better without ridiculously jacked up pricing. I plan on getting one to do moderate gaming and programming on (2 in 1).

Hopefully Windows 10 makes it out the door and onto devices by then as well.

Remember that the included Office 365 lasts for one year

Yeah I know, but I think it's best to wait for a better tablet with more RAM

Yeah I know, but I think it's best to wait for a better tablet with more RAM

Good choice, Minecraft eats RAM for breakfast

Yeah, right guys? Guys?