Samsung/AMD against Intel/Qualcomm

han_han08

No and no.

Samsung will never buy AMD, I will throw my system out the window if they do. Intel does not own Qualcomm.

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

It's more lke I don't think AMD will allow Samsung to buy them, and I don't think Intel Acquired Qualcomm

Intel can't afford to buy Qualcomm.

@CoolaxGaming Its a nice system. I hope someone catches it and lives to use it. ;)

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it

- Frederic Bastiat 1850

Maybe is a great move for samsung

I'd jump in to there stocks right now if its true

i know AMD wasn't doing very good, but that post made me think: Was AMD doing that bad??

come to think of it, may not really be anyone acquiring anything

No and no.

Samsung will never buy AMD, I will throw my system out the window if they do. Intel does not own Qualcomm.

It's more lke I don't think AMD will allow Samsung to buy them, and I don't think Intel Acquired Qualcomm

Intel can't afford to buy Qualcomm.

@CoolaxGaming Its a nice system. I hope someone catches it and lives to use it. ;)

If AMD is acquired by ANYONE, or AMD dissolves as a company, Intel would be STRICTLY SHIT OUT OF FUCKING LUCK.  Intel would have to stop production of x86 AND x64 processors.  As per the license agreement of the x86 design (created by Intel), Intel can not be a monopoly in that market place and they got in trouble for it back in the day and was forced to write up a agreement with VIA and AMD.  In the agreement at that time the biggest fear was that Intel would just buy the two companies and become a monopoly anyways.  So, if AMD or VIA was acquired without restructuring their deals then x86 would be lost in limbo.

And there is no such deal with x64, which is a AMD technology.  Intel just pays a fee, and if AMD is acquired then it will be up to the other company to do whatever they want.

So, if Intel knows what's best for them, they would rather just give AMD money rather than let them be acquired.  Cause Samsung (or anyone that is acquiring AMD) could be total dicks.

Although I do think it is pretty well confirmed that AMD will be letting Samsung make their new 16nm CPU's based on the "Zen" project.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

If AMD is acquired by ANYONE, or AMD dissolves as a company, Intel would be STRICTLY SHIT OUT OF FUCKING LUCK.  Intel would have to stop production of x86 AND x64 processors.  As per the license agreement of the x86 design (created by Intel), Intel can not be a monopoly in that market place and they got in trouble for it back in the day and was forced to write up a agreement with VIA and AMD.  In the agreement at that time the biggest fear was that Intel would just buy the two companies and become a monopoly anyways.  So, if AMD or VIA was acquired without restructuring their deals then x86 would be lost in limbo.

And there is no such deal with x64, which is a AMD technology.  Intel just pays a fee, and if AMD is acquired then it will be up to the other company to do whatever they want.

So, if Intel knows what's best for them, they would rather just give AMD money rather than let them be acquired.  Cause Samsung (or anyone that is acquiring AMD) could be total dicks.

Although I do think it is pretty well confirmed that AMD will be letting Samsung make their new 16nm CPU's based on the "Zen" project.

you've got some nice info on that x86 and that x64 is an AMD tech for a fee..

getting into trouble just because of being a monopoly? that's great.haha hurray for competition.lol

so I guess, the info I got this from just means (as you've said): letting Samsung make AMD's new 16nm CPU's and not really acquiring them as a whole..

talk about wrong info that I got...sheesh

you've got some nice info on that x86 and that x64 is an AMD tech for a fee..

getting into trouble just because of being a monopoly? that's great.haha hurray for competition.lol

so I guess, the info I got this from just means (as you've said): letting Samsung make AMD's new 16nm CPU's and not really acquiring them as a whole..

talk about wrong info that I got...sheesh

They were talking about "acquiring AMD's business and partnership".  Allowing Samsung to manufacture your chips is a HUGE trust issue.  You have to send Samsung a diagram of ALL of your latest technology.  Samsung has one of the biggest manufacturing labs in the world and they quite literally have the muscle to bully EVERYONE around.

All I was saying was that if absolutely ANYTHING happens to AMD Intel is up SHIT CREEK.  Because with AMD goes x64 and x86.  On the other hand, if something happened to Intel AMD (because its their technology) could make JUST x64 based chips without the x86 extensions.  Since Windows, Office, and a bunch of other programs already have x64 versions, AMD would (no doubt) take a hit, but they could keep on chugging for a while till they figured something out.  Although, Im sure someone would sue them saying that AMD is now a monopoly.

Just on a side note, I personally blame Global Foundries as the soul reason why AMD has been in this slump lately.  AMD had, almost, been exclusively manufactured using Global Foundries.  Then AMD is like "Hey yo, we need 45nm" when they started doing the Phenom II's and it kinda caught GF by surprise that AMD was wanting it.  From that point AMD paid GF a metric butt ton of money so they could break their contract with them to pursue other manufactures for their 32nm parts.  Come to find out, no one else could really do what AMD wanted and AMD was forced to continue to run on GF pipeline.  Well the contract broke and GF seems a little butthurt about it and, as you can tell, AMD hasn't made many advancements.  I absolutely despise Samsung, on so many levels, but the manufacturing market needs more variety.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

They were talking about "acquiring AMD's business and partnership".  Allowing Samsung to manufacture your chips is a HUGE trust issue.  You have to send Samsung a diagram of ALL of your latest technology.  Samsung has one of the biggest manufacturing labs in the world and they quite literally have the muscle to bully EVERYONE around.

All I was saying was that if absolutely ANYTHING happens to AMD Intel is up SHIT CREEK.  Because with AMD goes x64 and x86.  On the other hand, if something happened to Intel AMD (because its their technology) could make JUST x64 based chips without the x86 extensions.  Since Windows, Office, and a bunch of other programs already have x64 versions, AMD would (no doubt) take a hit, but they could keep on chugging for a while till they figured something out.  Although, Im sure someone would sue them saying that AMD is now a monopoly.

Just on a side note, I personally blame Global Foundries as the soul reason why AMD has been in this slump lately.  AMD had, almost, been exclusively manufactured using Global Foundries.  Then AMD is like "Hey yo, we need 45nm" when they started doing the Phenom II's and it kinda caught GF by surprise that AMD was wanting it.  From that point AMD paid GF a metric butt ton of money so they could break their contract with them to pursue other manufactures for their 32nm parts.  Come to find out, no one else could really do what AMD wanted and AMD was forced to continue to run on GF pipeline.  Well the contract broke and GF seems a little butthurt about it and, as you can tell, AMD hasn't made many advancements.  I absolutely despise Samsung, on so many levels, but the manufacturing market needs more variety.

alright, so I thought doing something for AMD was just that plain simple. taking ur word, it seems a very huge move/buy.

good to know that neither will be left remaining solo for a monopoly. i did a back read, a gpu company owns that x64 tech? took long to sink into me.lol

so you're thinking GF is deliberately delaying that 32nm (this happened waay back, right?) isn't that unprofessional? they're into a contract yet they're not trying to meet what is expected? did I get that right?

alright, so I thought doing something for AMD was just that plain simple. taking ur word, it seems a very huge move/buy.

good to know that neither will be left remaining solo for a monopoly. i did a back read, a gpu company owns that x64 tech? took long to sink into me.lol

so you're thinking GF is deliberately delaying that 32nm (this happened waay back, right?) isn't that unprofessional? they're into a contract yet they're not trying to meet what is expected? did I get that right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86-64

Read up on this stuff, you'll learn a lot of history. And as far as GF being a complete dick, its total speculation on my part but it all lines up.

Spoiler