Broken Windows

8enjicraf2

Hey Guys,

I had an update a couple of days ago that failed, it rebooted and said that it was undoing changes. Now it won't let me access the ui?

I know I have posted this before but I got no good answers, I will delete the other post. Here's a video to show you what is happening, it's only on an s5 so don't expect high quality, also mute ur headphones.

any help is much appreciated, 8

​Nothing Screams Professional Other Than Comic Sans

My Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bQVfqs

Dark Theme, GG

i see no video.......usually you have to have the repair disk or just completely restore windows to fix that. i despise windows updates...

"1 shot 1 kill. or in my case 500 shots and a questionable death" ~ Carlos Hathcock + Ryouichi

"Because its windows... it just happens..." ~ G33k 4 L1F3

My Build....sorta. close enough http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YMG4mG

Hey Guys,

I had an update a couple of days ago that failed, it rebooted and said that it was undoing changes. Now it won't let me access the ui?

I know I have posted this before but I got no good answers, I will delete the other post. Here's a video to show you what is happening, it's only on an s5 so don't expect high quality, also mute ur headphones.

It looks like your bootup partition got corrupted when it tried to update which can happen on rare occasions which is unfortunate, but it will require you to get a copy of your version of windows via bootable USB or a disk and go through the startup repair to see if it can solve the issue and as previous said a reinstall might be necessary if it can't fix it. 

The data on the drive should be recoverable with no issues however.

Hey Guys,

I had similar yesterday. Some update completely broke Windows. All I would see after the Windows 8 splash screen was a black screen that flickered. A refresh with my recovery disk didn't work, I had to reinstall

• 2 weeks later...

I had similar yesterday. Some update completely broke Windows. All I would see after the Windows 8 splash screen was a black screen that flickered. A refresh with my recovery disk didn't work, I had to reinstall

Yes, I had to Reinstall too unfortunately

​Nothing Screams Professional Other Than Comic Sans

My Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bQVfqs

Dark Theme, GG

Yes, I had to Reinstall too unfortunately

Damn that sucks. Must be a dodgy update, Logan from TekSyndicate had the same issue