BenQ XL2730Z 144Hz bad flicker problem

See attached video... no idea why this is happening :(

Note: Have a 295x2 and using mini display port adapter to display port connection (mini display port connection on graphics card)

Video:

<removed by staff>

That's still very playable. Really had to squint to notice it. :P

Yeah that blows man. I know new catalyst drivers on enroute for Freesync support. Maybe there's a fix in there. In the meantime, maybe try a straight DP cable without the conversion. Good quality one at that. 

I'm interested in this monitor myself. Hope it gets resolved. 

Keep us posted...

I don't have another graphics card that has a Display Port connection so I cannot test a straight connection :/

However, I just bought a high-quality gold plated cable that states 1.2 display port connection The one I have at the moment may be an older version of DP.

Will keep you posted. It arrives tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

Well thanks for never coming back to let us know.  I am having a very similar problem.  I've scoured the internet trying everything that i've come across and nothing seems to work.  I cannot get the flicker to stop.  I even made a reddit post requesting help (which noone has responded to of course.)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/346plg/troubleshooting_benq_xl2730z_screen_flashgoes/

• 2 years later...

Hi guys, I had some flicker on the monitor and was searching the web, found this topic, I know it's an old one but maybe it will help someone in the future - I resolved my flicker problem by just going in the monitor settings and resetting them back to factory settings. No more flicker for me.
Good luck!