HTC One M9 Plus images leak, showing a bigger, badder flagship in the making

HTC-One-M9-Plus--HTC-Desire-A55-leaked-i

It seems like we have two different versions (either being tested or for release) of this M9 Plus. Nothing fairly concrete so far, but it seems like the Snapdragon 810 might not be the only chip in consideration, seems weird that they would go to MediaTek for an alternative. 

Two alleged photos of the HTC One M9 Plus leaked on Chinese social network Weibo. What we're seeing is a 5.2-inch screen HTC One M9 lookalike with a positively huge round camera on the back panel, accompanied by a dual-LED flash. Otherwise, the smartphone is identical in appearance, but it's a bit of a different beast inside. 

For starters, the 5.2-inch display has a 1440x2560 resolution. The chipsets powering the device will be the MediaTek MT6795 2GHz octa-core processor and the Snapdragon 810 (in a different version). 3GB of RAM are on-board, as well as 32GB of internal storage, a fingerprint reader, and the prodigious BoomSound speakers.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-One-M9-Plus-images-leak-showing-a-bigger-badder-flagship-in-the-making_id66900

Sticking with my One Max. 5.2 is way too small

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I really, really don't like the samsung home button being there.

That might not even be a home button. Could just be a fingerprint scanner.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

ooooh, I was considering the m9 but if this is true this might be the replacement for my m7.

too bad I don't want to get a larger screen.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

That might not even be a home button. Could just be a fingerprint scanner.

If this M9 Plus is coming out later this year, they could try and make use of Qualcomms new Snapdragon fingerprint sensor that doesn't even need a home button in that sense to function, since the ultrasonic waves can map off of almost any surface. 

What's interesting about this phone is that there are rumors saying this phone could be an available-only-in-China phone...

Wait, what? No boomsound speaker at the bottom? WTF HTC? Have you completely lost your minds?

Its probably there you just can't see it because of the picture. It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to have one at the top and not one at the bottom.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Its probably there you just can't see it because of the picture. It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to have one at the top and not one at the bottom.

Motorola didn't get the memo.

I really hope they don't go with that Samsung looking fingerprint reader. Aside from that, I'll probably wait for this instead of the OG version.

Edit: if the button sensor stays, they can at least center the front cam.

Anime Addict |  My Rig: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZGrQxr

Motorola didn't get the memo.

I really hope they don't go with that Samsung looking fingerprint reader. Aside from that, I'll probably wait for this instead of the OG version.

Edit: if the button sensor stays, they can at least center the front cam.

Which moto phone?

MediaTek MT6795? No thank you... That's not even as good as the Snapdragon 810.

Old and outdated GPU (low end version from the same generation as the iPhone 5S).

Old processing node (28nm).

DDR3 instead of 4 (will make a big difference for phones).

Pretty sure the modem is sup-par although I haven't looked that deeply into it.

Looks fake to me, why would they make a phone just .2 inch bigger? Also everything else looks too different.

HTC doesn't know how to make camera bumps look good

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Nexus 5 camera anybody?

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one