Video caching on Chromecast

IAmAndre

Hi,

I'm considering buying a Chromecast but before I would like to know if it is possible to cache videos with it. I don't have a fast internet connexion (2Mbps), so I'm only able to watch YouTube videos in 480p or in 720p if I let the video load for a few seconds. Since I want to use the Chromecast for watching movies, it's a different story. I saw that Google Movies lets you cache the full movie on your phone, which would probably solve the issue, but would I be able to stream that cached version to the Chromecast (as MKBHD said in his review that the Chromecast gets the content from the cloud)? Or would I be able to cache just the first minutes and start watching while the rest of the movie is being downloaded? Also, is it possible to watch full HD movies ?

Thanks

Hi,

I'm considering buying a Chromecast but before I would like to know if it is possible to cache videos with it. I don't have a fast internet connexion (2Mbps), so I'm only able to watch YouTube videos in 480p or in 720p if I let the video load for a few seconds. Since I want to use the Chromecast for watching movies, it's a different story. I saw that Google Movies lets you cache the full movie on your phone, which would probably solve the issue, but would I be able to stream that cached version to the Chromecast (as MKBHD said in his review that the Chromecast gets the content from the cloud)? Or would I be able to cache just the first minutes and start watching while the rest of the movie is being downloaded? Also, is it possible to watch full HD movies ?

Thanks

IF your using a supported app, it will change resolution to meet what your internet can handle

it goes Servers>Chromecast

YOu could download the movie onto your computer and 

Computer>Router>Chromecast

480p and low bitrate 720p should work just fine

IF your using a supported app, it will change resolution to meet what your internet can handle

it goes Servers>Chromecast

YOu could download the movie onto your computer and 

Computer>Router>Chromecast

480p and low bitrate 720p should work just fine

Thanks. What about Full HD playback of cached content?

Thanks. What about Full HD playback of cached content?

I Don't think you can cache on your phone, 

IF you download the video onto your pc you can stream in through your home network to the chromecast

http://allaboutchromecast.com/chromecast-how-to-guide/how-to-stream-local-video-to-chromecast/

this will be as good as your homenetwork, it should be enough for 720p/1080p