Network Layout Help

Rashy

Irrelevant But May Help:

So my parents are taking a time off, its because my dad wont get a job and my mother is afraid that he'll take it as an "Okay i dont need to work" sign, Im pulled to both sides, Anyways i chose my mom, we moved to our grandparents house where my sister is living (she made a room before this happened she used to come home frequently in weekends), i was hoping to move my computer at my sisters room, wide but she said not enough space so okay to the Library then. Im still havibng problems wiring stuff in there not too mention my 6th-sensed cousin said theres a big black spirit there, but an paranormal expert decided to came by for fun, she tells who dwells in these shells(rhyme ^.^) but she said the library is a big tree, not scary, but my cousin's 6th sense isnt sharpened(after all shes 10). Long story short ive been here for 2 weeks, disconnected really changed my living style, i need to get busy so i practice my manga drawings alot and try to clean the library up. The Library is HOT not to mention im exhausting a few more Celsius into the air and its also full of mosquitos, day by day the smell of old books and mosquitos even the heat doesnt bother me. My grandparents are planning to help my future upgrades so thats good.

Problem:

INTERNET! My shitty motherboard doesnt have an Antennae so i cant connect to any wifi, even if i did i get one bar outside their room and zero when  i get to the library, heck i got 2 bars in my sister room in a good spot(crouching on the bed. seriously.) The downstairs isnt even used anymore, the most liveliest place is upstairs, heck my grandparents even made a kitchen out of a hallway between the guest room and my sisters room, i was offered the guest room BUT NO ITS A FUCKING DEATHBED OF MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER, I DONT WANNA HAVE NIGHTMARES D: . Im going to call my ISP to move the router to the Library and have my computer as the center, but my grandmother said she will not get wifi if i do that. Theres a repeater option, i get anotherv Router, make some holes on my grandparents door and glue the router on the wall, i get a networking card, and voila.

• Move the Router with the Fiber(Wired Connection)
  • Buy a Networking Card and a Router for a Repeater mode(Wireless Connection)

Suggestions highly appreciated, thanks for reading anyways. : P

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Additional Information:

The Package is TERRIBLE. Even with a laptop next to the router its 100kbps, in the library i get 10kbps, spiking to 100kbps or steady 80 if no one is using it. But we will upgrade to a better Package soon.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

not too mention my 6th-sensed cousin said theres a big black spirit there, but an paranormal expert decided to came by for fun, she tells who dwells in these shells(rhyme ^.^) but she said the library is a big tree, not scary, but my cousin's 6th sense isnt sharpened(after all shes 10)

What the fuck?!

Or you could just use powerline and leave the router where it is. Faster and more reliable than Wi-fi, cheap, and almost as fast as a direct connection to the router. 

Or you could just use powerline and leave the router where it is. 

This house was owned buy a Dutch man so the toilet is high and there are so many Ethernet plugs on the wall, none of the work, theyre all disconnected.

Does that mean you have to REWIRE everything?

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

This house was owned buy a Dutch man so the toilet is high and there are so many Ethernet plugs on the wall, none of the work, theyre all disconnected.

Powerline uses a mains socket to carry the signal, not ethernet ports. Just plug one in near the router and connect it to the router, then plug the other near your PC and connect it to your PC. 

They look like this

tplink_av200_nano_powerline_adapter_star

Powerline uses a mains socket to carry the signal, not ethernet ports. Just plug one in near the router and connect it to the router, then plug the other near your PC and connect it to your PC. 

They look like this

*Snip*

What if the Electricity is seperated?! This house is big it has 2 powerboxes, never had a blackout though and dont know which one lights up which but MAN theyre expensive! BUT GENIUS

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

Additional Information:

The Package is TERRIBLE. Even with a laptop next to the router its 100kbps, in the library i get 10kbps, spiking to 100kbps or steady 80 if no one is using it. But we will upgrade to a better Package soon.

You must mean KBps, cause 10kbps is 1/5 dialup.

I'll say

get switch, get 100m cat5e, get a box of RJ45, and Crimp tools, and start making your own network

or get cheap router for repeater / or just repeater

http://www.palugada.com/TP-LINK-TL-WA850RE-300Mbps-Universal-WiFi-Range-Extender

it still less than $100

http://www.palugada.com/konektor-rj45-biasa

http://www.palugada.com/bluelink-bl-utp338

http://www.palugada.com/tplink-tl-sf1005d

http://www.palugada.com/crimping-tool-triple

Forget the powerline. Here's a quest for you. Start tracing where the ethernet port cables go. Best thing is if you can find one close to your router and one in the library all you need is a switch. Nowdays you can get a switch for less than 10 bucks. I just paid 6 bucks for a brand new TP-Link 8 port.

Also, you seem to have quite an interesting story behind all this... And by what you just said I think you need someone to talk and vent out.

Forget the powerline. Here's a quest for you. Start tracing where the ethernet port cables go. Best thing is if you can find one close to your router and one in the library all you need is a switch. Nowdays you can get a switch for less than 10 bucks. I just paid 6 bucks for a brand new TP-Link 8 port.

Also, you seem to have quite an interesting story behind all this... And by what you just said I think you need someone to talk and vent out.

Man. irl vent out? Im an anti social, i hang out with weirdos at school. Internet is slow, posting a reply takes 3 minutes. The Ports embed to the wall i think its for phone or/and disconnected. 2nd Floor, L Shape with a hole in the middle that looks down, the distance between The Router and My PC approx 6 meters. How does a "Switch" Work im all newbie to networking so thats why im asking

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

You must mean KBps, cause 10kbps is 1/5 dialup.

Kilobyte, im just too lazy pressing the caps. but now i see its important for Networking Section xD.

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

Kilobyte, im just too lazy pressing the caps. but now i see its important for Networking Section xD.

honestly, I don't care much about that, I just was trying to clarify.

Man. irl vent out? Im an anti social, i hang out with weirdos at school. Internet is slow, posting a reply takes 3 minutes. The Ports embed to the wall i think its for phone or/and disconnected. 2nd Floor, L Shape with a hole in the middle that looks down, the distance between The Router and My PC approx 6 meters. How does a "Switch" Work im all newbie to networking so thats why im asking

A network switch is a computer networking device that connects devices together on a computer network, by using packet switching to receive, process and forward data to the destination device. Unlike less advanced network hubs, a network switch forwards data only to one or multiple devices that need to receive it, rather than broadcasting the same data out of each of its ports.

Basically it turns one cable into 5 or more with magic.

I think the best way is to buy 10-20m of CAT 5e or 5 ethernet cable with already made connectors and lower it inside the wall to your router. A switch in that case is not needed. Do you seriously have 1Mbps internet? How much do you pay for it?

A network switch is a computer networking device that connects devices together on a computer network, by using packet switching to receive, process and forward data to the destination device. Unlike less advanced network hubs, a network switch forwards data only to one or multiple devices that need to receive it, rather than broadcasting the same data out of each of its ports.

Basically it turns one cable into 5 or more with magic.

I think the best way is to buy 10-20m of CAT 5e or 5 ethernet cable with already made connectors and lower it inside the wall to your router. A switch in that case is not needed. Do you seriously have 1Mbps internet? How much do you pay for it?

So its basically between my router and my computer i must have a switch, lower it inside the wall to my router? do i need drills, i reread that sentence a couple times...

YES I DO!

I pay 180,000 IDR OR 18 USD per month for a 1Mbps

Back before i moved in, at home it was 380,000 IDR or 38 USD for 6Mbps down, 3Mbps up. Sucks. I want to stream my games.

Is the Powerline solution Effective? That costs 680,000 IDR or 67 USD for a starter kit in here, AND ITS TP-LINK. Other brand goes in my 50 shades of shady brands, in stores now.

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

So its basically between my router and my computer i must have a switch, lower it inside the wall to my router? do i need drills, i reread that sentence a couple times...

YES I DO!

I pay 180,000 IDR OR 18 USD per month for a 1Mbps

Back before i moved in, at home it was 380,000 IDR or 38 USD for 6Mbps down, 3Mbps up. Sucks. I want to stream my games.

Is the Powerline solution Effective? That costs 680,000 IDR or 67 USD for a starter kit in here, AND ITS TP-LINK. Other brand goes in my 50 shades of shady brands, in stores now.

Okay, so no you don't need to lower a switch anywhere. You need to lower the CABLE. If your computer is in the Library and your router is somewhere else, you need to find a way to get the ethernet cable from the Library to the Router, via wall or just go around the house rooms. Second, the switch will allow you to connect more than one device with a CABLE. Meaning it can be in any of the two locations (the locations are your PC and your Router). An average TP-Link switch will cost you 20USD at most + another 15USD for the cables. You need 2 cables, a long one that will connect the switch to the router and another one that will connect the switch to the PC. Or if you don't want a switch, just get a long cable and connect it directly from your PC to your router. When I said lower something inside a wall, I mean the cable, if you can. If not you might need to run the cable around the house till you get to the room your router is in.

Okay, so no you don't need to lower a switch anywhere. You need to lower the CABLE. If your computer is in the Library and your router is somewhere else, you need to find a way to get the ethernet cable from the Library to the Router, via wall or just go around the house rooms. Second, the switch will allow you to connect more than one device with a CABLE. Meaning it can be in any of the two locations (the locations are your PC and your Router). An average TP-Link switch will cost you 20USD at most + another 15USD for the cables. You need 2 cables, a long one that will connect the switch to the router and another one that will connect the switch to the PC. Or if you don't want a switch, just get a long cable and connect it directly from your PC to your router. When I said lower something inside a wall, I mean the cable, if you can. If not you might need to run the cable around the house till you get to the room your router is in.

Ah... I get it

I just contacted my ISP, FirstMedia, their internet service FastNet. I talked about the upgrading of my Package and Moving the router, a Mechanical service is needed to move the router

55,000 IDR or 5.50 USD - Mechanic Fee

10,000 IDR or 1 USD - Additional Cables, $1/meter, if needed.

Around 20 meters, i dont have measuring tape, distance between the library, where my pc is located and the modem. So thats around $20 + $5.50 + $40(router upgrade, because complaints of wifi not reaching my grandmothers room)=  $65.50 for the whole thing, if i were to buy a switch; $20 + 20$ = 40$, and if i were to use the Powerline its $400 for some shady brand called DAISY. IF the mechanic comes,they say hes got a tool to measure the signal, etc, so its the least amount of problem, switch is cheap DIY and +Experience but my parents doesnt trust me enough to meddle with the wifi. Powerline brand doubts. I can nail my the ethernet cable up on the ceiling if i do the switch option.

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

I would go without moving the router. Your ISP is billing you 1$/meter which is not acceptable. However, I paid 0.32$/meter a classic UTP cable meaning you should be able to get a lower price in a store or something.

Already made CAT 6 UTP Cable 1M = 2 USD (Optional, in case you don't have any more cables)

Already made CAT 6 UTP Cable 20M x2 = 25 USD (The Second cable is for the Access Point, that will extend the signal to your grandmother, the lenght doesn't need to be the same)
Cheap (It's not realy TP-Link) Switch (5 port) = 15 USD

Cheap Access Point (Tenda) = 15USD

Total = 57 USD (Shipping Included)

Layout:

| ======> Your PC                        |  20MRouter ====> Switch === |        1M              |                        | ======> Access Point (Closer to your Grandmother)		      	   20M

I would go without moving the router. Your ISP is billing you 1$/meter which is not acceptable. However, I paid 0.32$/meter a classic UTP cable meaning you should be able to get a lower price in a store or something.

Already made CAT 6 UTP Cable 1M = 2 USD (Optional, in case you don't have any more cables)

Already made CAT 6 UTP Cable 20M x2 = 25 USD (The Second cable is for the Access Point, that will extend the signal to your grandmother, the lenght doesn't need to be the same)

Cheap (It's not realy TP-Link) Switch (5 port) = 15 USD

Cheap Access Point (Tenda) = 15USD

Total = 57 USD (Shipping Included)

Layout:

| ======> Your PC                        |  20MRouter ====> Switch === |        1M              |                        | ======> Access Point (Closer to your Grandmother)		      	   20M

Marvelous, since i dont have a credit card neither does my parents ill have to search the parts locally, which is going to be more expensive. #truestory

A USA priced Gpu costs $50 more here

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop: