Another day, another problem

bombaymonkey

Hi guys, I recently started a topic about my computer being stuck in a "repair windows/windows is loading files loop" (see here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/298676-a-recent-hardware-change-loop/#entry4059380)

Well, it seemed that nothing worked so I decided to borrow my cousins SSD with windows 8 on. It ran fine. But for some reason I decided that I wanted Windows 7 back. So I made a bootable USB and installed 7 on the SSD and again, the computer would not boot! 

I rebuilt the system as an intel platform with some parts I had laying around out of interest with the same SSD and it still wont boot! 

I heard that Kingston SSD's could have a defect of some sort and a driver update fixes that but now as I cant get into windows, how can I install it with no safe mode access?

Was I just really unlucky??

Hi guys, I recently started a topic about my computer being stuck in a "repair windows/windows is loading files loop" (see here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/298676-a-recent-hardware-change-loop/#entry4059380)

Well, it seemed that nothing worked so I decided to borrow my cousins SSD with windows 8 on. It ran fine. But for some reason I decided that I wanted Windows 7 back. So I made a bootable USB and installed 7 on the SSD and again, the computer would not boot! 

I rebuilt the system as an intel platform with some parts I had laying around out of interest with the same SSD and it still wont boot! 

I heard that Kingston SSD's could have a defect of some sort and a driver update fixes that but now as I cant get into windows, how can I install it with no safe mode access?

Was I just really unlucky??

windows 7 might not like the ram you using make sure your not using AMD only ram 

I had the same computer and RAM running for over 2years no problems. I will try another set of 1333mhz RAM to see what happens. I just found it weird how after putting back the original hardware as well as rebuilding the computer but with Intel parts it still won't boot.

I'd just stick with windows 8 for the mean time, 10 will be a long soon so you won't have to put up with the pain and misery for too long.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Sure, I will try this.. purchase the student edition and post any feedback. Many thanks!