Just finished my first build, what should i do?

akbarriz

Hi guys. I just finished my first build. Is there any applications that can test if everything working properly that i need to run?

Also, is there any app that can install and update all of my driver?

My Build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/m3x4jX

Thanks

Hey, welcome to the LTT Forums!

So, I'll answer the second question first.

Sadly, Windows doesn't have one integrated app to updated all components.  I bloody wish it did.  Windows Update will automatically update windows, more or less depending on the settings.  Since you have Nvidia Graphics cards, get GEFORCE Experience for automatic notification of GFX Card updates.  For your motherboard, just look on the manufacturer's website to ensure you have the latest.  Also, see if your BIOS is the most up to date.

And yes, there are plenty of applications to test performance and reliability.  Programs like Memtest 86 can see if your RAM is stable and not producing any errors.  UniHeaven Benchmarks, 3D Mark, many others can give some GPU results.  CPU-Z can be used to ensure you have a working overclock.  Prime95 and Combustor can stress CPU and GPU to ensure cooling is good.  

But mostly, just play some games; see if the cards are getting hot; see your FPS and so forth.

Hi guys. I just finished my first build. Is there any applications that can test if everything working properly that i need to run?

Also, is there any app that can install and update all of my driver?

My Build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/m3x4jX

Thanks

You went pretty big for a first build, glad you didn't mess anything up or you would have lost a good amount of money

CPU: some amd thing Motherboard: its black RAM: its memory thats for sure GPU: r7 260x Case: corsair spec 01 Storage: 1tb of it PSU: 430w, so many watts

Display: its asus Cooling: fans Keyboard: logitech g710+ #browns4lyfe Mouse: its a logitech Sound: its what you hear Operating System: winders  

Hey, welcome to the LTT Forums!

So, I'll answer the second question first.

Sadly, Windows doesn't have one integrated app to updated all components.  I bloody wish it did.  Windows Update will automatically update windows, more or less depending on the settings.  Since you have Nvidia Graphics cards, get GEFORCE Experience for automatic notification of GFX Card updates.  For your motherboard, just look on the manufacturer's website to ensure you have the latest.  Also, see if your BIOS is the most up to date.

And yes, there are plenty of applications to test performance and reliability.  Programs like Memtest 86 can see if your RAM is stable and not producing any errors.  UniHeaven Benchmarks, 3D Mark, many others can give some GPU results.  CPU-Z can be used to ensure you have a working overclock.  Prime95 and Combustor can stress CPU and GPU to ensure cooling is good.  

But mostly, just play some games; see if the cards are getting hot; see your FPS and so forth.

I'll try those softwares. Thanks

You went pretty big for a first build, glad you didn't mess anything up or you would have lost a good amount of money

Yeah, but thanks to linus i learnt a lot and finish the build without anything bad happened (at least for now)

I'll try those softwares. Thanks

Yeah, but thanks to linus i learnt a lot and finish the build without anything bad happened (at least for now)

The PC Gremlin is gonna rub his feet all over the carpet and touch every part in your computer

CPU: some amd thing Motherboard: its black RAM: its memory thats for sure GPU: r7 260x Case: corsair spec 01 Storage: 1tb of it PSU: 430w, so many watts

Display: its asus Cooling: fans Keyboard: logitech g710+ #browns4lyfe Mouse: its a logitech Sound: its what you hear Operating System: winders  

He went pretty big? This build blows most of my rig clear out of the water. Had I known what I do now about computer hardware, my first build would have been on par with this, but even after 2 processor, video card, and mobo upgrades, this system puts core parts of mine to shame. Check my profile for my build if you care to compare yourself.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

He went pretty big? This build blows most of my rig clear out of the water. Had I known what I do now about computer hardware, my first build would have been on par with this, but even after 2 processor, video card, and mobo upgrades, this system puts core parts of mine to shame. Check my profile for my build if you care to compare yourself.

Yeah your build is way more powerful than my soon to be one. I am going small for my first build not because I want to but because of budget

Yeah your build is way more powerful than my soon to be one. I am going small for my first build not because I want to but because of budget

Yeah, but sadly my card is a dud. I first had a 460, then a 560TI, and now a 650TI BOOST SC (I knew nothing about video cards when I bought all three in all honesty). My current 650 has been buggy since day one, causing system crashes on high frame rate games once it hits 80C. Getting ready to RMA it to EVGA this coming Tuesday so I can hopefully finish Far Cry 3 and Borderlands 2.. >.>

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

You can use MSI command center for mobo drivers. It works rather well.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv