Best Graphics Card For The Price

xCurtM

Would probs go with the GTX 760

Compatible with Windows 95

You can get an r9 290 for that money

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Would probs go with the GTX 760

I might be wrong here but im pretty sure thats what I have already or you saying I should stick with the one I have?

I can see a few options here: stick with a 760 brand new, grab an r9 290 second hand/on sale, wait for the 960 which shouldn't be too far away now probably late jan/feb if I had to guess. As always the longer you wait and/or the more money you spend the better the performance you can afford.

I might be wrong here but im pretty sure thats what I have already or you saying I should stick with the one I have?

Yep

Compatible with Windows 95

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/wQybdC

this is thr build i want to go with but I was just wondering what you guys think the best gpu for around £150 is?

Better PC for the money

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£131.20 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: ASRock H81 Pro BTC ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£32.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£59.01 @ Ebuyer) 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP610 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£47.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (£143.39 @ Ebuyer) 
Case: Thermaltake Versa H23  ATX Mid Tower Case  (£27.88 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (£71.60 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £594.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-22 00:55 GMT+0000

"Rawr XD"

Better PC for the money

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

might be a REALLY dumb question but will this build give me better performance ??

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor (£131.20 @ Aria PC)

Motherboard: ASRock H81 Pro BTC ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£32.99 @ Amazon UK)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£59.01 @ Ebuyer)

Storage: A-Data Premier SP610 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£47.99 @ Ebuyer)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£35.94 @ Aria PC)

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card (£143.39 @ Ebuyer)

Case: Thermaltake Versa H23 ATX Mid Tower Case (£27.88 @ Scan.co.uk)

Power Supply: Super Flower Golden Green HX 450W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply (£44.99 @ Aria PC)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£71.60 @ Amazon UK)

Total: £594.99

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-22 00:55 GMT+0000

might be a REALLY dumb question but will this build give me better performance ??

Yes. The R9 280 trades spots with the 280 in most games, but the i5 is flat out a much better performer then the FX-6300, especially when it comes to gaming. The power supply I chose is also of much higher quality.

"Rawr XD"

Yes. The R9 280 trades spots with the 280 in most games, but the i5 is flat out a much better performer then the FX-6300, especially when it comes to gaming. The power supply I chose is also of much higher quality.

I'mma have to disagree with you. just be cause it is 80+gold doesn't mean it is better. Also none of the places that sell that Powersupply list the Amperage on the 12v rail which is something you want to look at when buying a Powersupply

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/qZW9XL

I would switch out the gpu. I own a 760 and 280, and the 760 runs like a Porsche with a wheel missing...

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

The site "Ebuyer" has r9 280 for same price as the GTX 760. The 280x is a better card and the AMD gold reward can be sold on ebay for 20 Sterlings

I'mma have to disagree with you. just be cause it is 80+gold doesn't mean it is better. Also none of the places that sell that Powersupply list the Amperage on the 12v rail which is something you want to look at when buying a Powersupply

http://www.super-flower.com.tw/products_detail.php?class=2&sn=18&ID=106〈=

Specs listed under "Overview." 37 A on the +12 V rail.

Super Flower is one of the best in the business. They aren't well known in the US market. But the quality, at least with some units, is up there with Seasonic and other major OEMs.

http://www.super-flower.com.tw/products_detail.php?class=2&sn=18&ID=106〈=

Specs listed under "Overview." 37 A on the +12 V rail.

Super Flower is one of the best in the business. They aren't well known in the US market. But the quality, at least with some units, is up there with Seasonic and other major OEMs.

Ok. Corsair is also a really good brand. and the one he chose has 46amps on the 12v rail. though the 600w is a little over kill if he doesn't plan on any upgrades or Overclocking it is still a good PSU also for a $5 price increase I would go with the 600w PSU just because it is mad by a Company that I know and trust

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

Ok. Corsair is also a really good brand. and the one he chose has 46amps on the 12v rail. though the 600w is a little over kill if he doesn't plan on any upgrades or Overclocking it is still a good PSU also for a $5 price increase I would go with the 600w PSU just because it is mad by a Company that I know and trust

Corsair doesn't actually manufacture power supplies, they created branded products out of power supplies made by other companies. In this case, it's a Channel Well Technologies unit. Which is fine, actually, but you should probably be aware of that if you're going to buy based on name recognition.

Do you know anything about power supplies? I never said it was better because it's 80+ Gold. It's better because it's a Super Flower manufactured unit. The Golden Green platform is used in other power supplies such as the Rosewill Capstone, and has proven to be a very solid and well built platform using high end components. 

Corsair does not make their power supplies. They rebrand power supplies what are made by other OEMS. The CX are made by CWT, and the quality of the internal components as well as how the power supply performs in important areas such as voltage regulation and ripple suppression are NOWHERE near even touching the Super Flower Golden Green. Those areas, along with the OEM, are what you want to look for when buying a power supply. With high end parts like Super Flower PSUs, 12V amps is not a big concern. It's worth a $20 increase in price of not more, never mind $5.

The cold hard truth is, Corsair does not make any power supplies that are competitive for the price.  

"Rawr XD"