GPU Sag

Suffokation

So, my 980 Hall of Fame is saging real bad.

Just wondering what could go wrong, and if it's damaging.

Cheers.

post-154211-0-26514100-1417691121_thumb.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

Worst case: PCIE connector breaks. That's a very rare thing to happen though, as long as you have the screws on the bracket screwed in tightly. You could make some ghetto fix by attaching something to the drive cages on the H440 to prop the card up. Should be fine though. 

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

zip/cable ties from the cards cables to somewhere else on your case, just try to take some of the slack out.

CPU: i7 4790k OC'd @ 4.6 ghz COOLER: Corsair H105 (SP 120mm Quiet Edition Fans) MOBO: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 RAM: Kingston Hyper Fury 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w 80+ Gold Fully Modular CASE: Fractal Arc Midi R2

OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung DVD Burner OS: Win 7 64bit   Please do some research of your own before asking questions. Google and Youtube are your friend.

Mine is sagging by the same amount and I've never had issues with it. You should be fine.

Damn, how did you install it? I install mine laying down in the floor and make sure the screws are in tight