Will it fit? GTX970 into my case

~3 years ago I purchased a custom built system. I'm looking to replace the graphics card with a MSI Geforce GTX 970 (link here) to improve graphical performance, as the current GTS 450 is outdated.

After looking at the dimensions of everything, I've looked at my case, and I'm unsure whether the 970 will fit. I'm wondering if anyone could help me out with this. I'll provide any extra information necessary (specs/photos etc.).

These are the (relevant) specs:
Case: Thermaltake WingRS 301 link here
Motherboard; ASRock M3A UCC link here
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 970
GPU/Graphics card; NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 link here

Also as a bonus request, if anyone notices a problem or has any extra thoughts on whether it's a sensible upgrade (from GTS 450 to GTX 970) please add your remarks and feedback!

Thanks for your time.

Go on to pcpartpicker.com and add all your parts, it will automatically tell you if it will fit or not.

Hmm... there isn't really info on how long of GPUs that case takes, but by the looks of it, if you don't have HDDs installed in the two bays next to the GPU then it will most likely fit.

"Rawr XD"

Go on to pcpartpicker.com and add all your parts, it will automatically tell you if it will fit or not.

This is not useful information for the OP.

"Rawr XD"

The MSI 970 should fit. I wouldn't ttry the Gigabyte one. :D

I have put a MSI GTX 770 into a very similar case. It fit with ~2 cm left. :D

who cares...

~3 years ago I purchased a custom built system. I'm looking to replace the graphics card with a MSI Geforce GTX 970 (link here) to improve graphical performance, as the current GTS 450 is outdated.

After looking at the dimensions of everything, I've looked at my case, and I'm unsure whether the 970 will fit. I'm wondering if anyone could help me out with this. I'll provide any extra information necessary (specs/photos etc.).

These are the (relevant) specs:

Case: Thermaltake WingRS 301 link here

Motherboard; ASRock M3A UCC link here

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 970

GPU/Graphics card; NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 link here

Also as a bonus request, if anyone notices a problem or has any extra thoughts on whether it's a sensible upgrade (from GTS 450 to GTX 970) please add your remarks and feedback!

Thanks for your time.

There aren't alot of reviews of this case but It looks like you only got 10,6" gpu clearance(http://www.xtremecomputing.co.uk/articles_pages/thermaltake_wingrs_301_mid_tower_case,3.html) so it's going to be real tight seeing as the msi gtx 970 twinfrzer is 10,59" long.

The best way to be sure, is to actually grab a tape measure and measure it, seeing as there isn't alot of info about the case your using.

Hmm... there isn't really info on how long of GPUs that case takes, but by the looks of it, if you don't have HDDs installed in the two bays next to the GPU then it will most likely fit.

Taking photos right now, I'll put 'em up as soon as I've transferred 'em over. After some measurements (which are rough due to the akwardness of the positioning of the card) I see that I have (roughly) 1.5 inches of free space between the current card and the window, and the GTX 970 is (about) 1.2 inches wider, hence the insecurity.