Computer Freezes In Short Bursts

asianboi63

Alright, so my computer froze before, other users on the forums told me to update my bios, after doing so the freezes went from a couple minutes to a few seconds... any ideas??

audio also just repeats and buzzes (30 sec into video)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B29htIjXifpXd1pVckNQeHhHd3c/view?usp=sharing

Setup:

CPU: I5 4690k

RAM: Kingston Hyperx Fury Black 2x4GB

HDD: Kingston 120gb SSD, WD Blue 1TB HDD

PSU: Thermaltake Smart Power 650W

Mobo: Asus Z-87 PLUS

No GPU Yet :(

Hi there asianboi63,

I am sorry for your difficulties. Have you tested you memory? If not, you could try running memtest on each stick. It is possible that there is defective hardware or a device driver is not working correctly. You can try to download the latest driver from the manufacturer's website and install it before the computer freezes, or use another computer to download the driver and try installing the driver on your computer. If you can't do that before the computer freezes, another option is to start in Safe Mode. Also make sure your system isn't overheating.

Keep me posted on your situation and I'll try to help you better.

Titania_WD

Hi there asianboi63,

I am sorry for your difficulties. Have you tested you memory? If not, you could try running memtest on each stick. It is possible that there is defective hardware or a device driver is not working correctly. You can try to download the latest driver from the manufacturer's website and install it before the computer freezes, or use another computer to download the driver and try installing the driver on your computer. If you can't do that before the computer freezes, another option is to start in Safe Mode. Also make sure your system isn't overheating.

Keep me posted on your situation and I'll try to help you better.

Titania_WD

Hi

Thanks for the reply, Im almost positive that all drivers are up to date. I have ran memtest the results were 1 pass 0 fails. system is not overheating as sometimes it happens within the hour of startup

Try reinstalling Windows or check if there are any faulty connections in your PC.

I ain't sayin' jack shit!!

Try reinstalling Windows or check if there are any faulty connections in your PC.

Any other solutions?