Crucial Tactical Tracers or "The Quad Channeler's Dilemma"

Hello All,

First time poster, here. I'm hoping you can help me with an issue I'm having:

I've been collecting parts over the past 3 or 4 months in anticipation of my first build. I have gone with a blue motif in a graphite 760t case. I would absolutely LOVE to stick some tactical tracers in my mobo (rampage IV black). My board supports quad channel memory, so I obviously want to take advantage of that, but crucial doesn't make quad channel kits for their tactical tracers! 

My question: If I purchase 2 dual channel kits at the same time, will the timing be close enough for me to run them in quad channel? If not, is this something I could set up through my bios? Is vanity getting the better of me? Should I go with something else?

I would appreciate any help you guys might be able to lend! 

Hello All,

First time poster, here. I'm hoping you can help me with an issue I'm having:

I've been collecting parts over the past 3 or 4 months in anticipation of my first build. I have gone with a blue motif in a graphite 760t case. I would absolutely LOVE to stick some tactical tracers in my mobo (rampage IV black). My board supports quad channel memory, so I obviously want to take advantage of that, but crucial doesn't make quad channel kits for their tactical tracers! 

My question: If I purchase 2 dual channel kits at the same time, will the timing be close enough for me to run them in quad channel? If not, is this something I could set up through my bios? Is vanity getting the better of me? Should I go with something else?

I would appreciate any help you guys might be able to lend! 

The only difference between "single, dual, tri, and quad channel" memory packs is that they've been validated to work together. So, two dual channel kits will work in quad channel, and four single channel kits will work in quad channel; its just that kits are validated with the sticks in the same kit. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

RIght, so I guess my question is how "well" will they work together without having been validated to work together? Is it safe to assume 4 unvalidated sticks of the same memory will work as well (or very nearly) as a validated set?

RIght, so I guess my question is how "well" will they work together without having been validated to work together? Is it safe to assume 4 unvalidated sticks of the same memory will work as well (or very nearly) as a validated set?

Yes that's a safe assumption.