Power Supply Surges Detected During The Previous Power On. HELP!

Grem0

Hey all,

I really need help with my power supply. It isn't new i have had it for almost 2 years now and it keeps "Surging" and just turns off and comes back on with the error and takes me to the BIOS screen.

My Spec:

I7 4770k

16GB RAM

Asus Z87 Motherboard

2.5 TB HDD

GTX 760 Superclocked 4GB Edition

650 Watt Aerocool PSU

All help is appriciated. Sorry if this is in the wrong place on the forums just tried to find the most suitable place.

I wouldn't trust the PSU.

I wouldn't trust the PSU.

Why is it too low wattage or is it just too old? i dont want any of my parts to fry 

Just buy a new one, fixing it is dangerous and not worth it.

I need a cheap one though as i am low on money. Just bought a gaming chair :D 

Is there any you recommend and how many watts would i need to use with my pc?

650 Watt Aerocool PSU

All help is appriciated. Sorry if this is in the wrong place on the forums just tried to find the most suitable place.

I don't think that PSU is from a super reputable PSU brand :/ 

in any case I suggest you get a new PSU - it's the one component you don't want to mess with in your computer, since you could destroy your computer and/or kill yourself if stuff goes horribly wrong. 

You can also cause damage to the circuit breaker if it shorts out your house hard enough. 

Cooler Master V650 might be a good choice :P if you're looking at PSUs for whatever reason now

Remember to be a good citizen and choose a 'best answer' when your problem has been resolved!

(that way people know when a problem's been resolved)

I need a cheap one though as i am low on money. Just bought a gaming chair :D

Is there any you recommend and how many watts would i need to use with my pc?

Anything from Silverstone, Corsair, Cooler Master, Be Quiet, Rosewill, OCZ, etc should be okay

At the bare minimum try to get an 80+ rating.

Whichever's cheapest at your location/where you can get it should be okay - use PCPartPicker.com

For your build, 550W+ should be good.

Remember to be a good citizen and choose a 'best answer' when your problem has been resolved!

(that way people know when a problem's been resolved)

I don't think that PSU is from a super reputable PSU brand :/ 

in any case I suggest you get a new PSU - it's the one component you don't want to mess with in your computer, since you could destroy your computer and/or kill yourself if stuff goes horribly wrong. 

You can also cause damage to the circuit breaker if it shorts out your house hard enough. 

Cooler Master V650 might be a good choice :P if you're looking at PSUs for whatever reason now

Ok I am thinking of getting one anyway. This one is old now and starting to die. It also crashes on Arma 3 and says that there is a gtx error and it didnt respond in time. I looked this up and it is somthing to do with not enough power going towards the GPU. How many watts should i get for my rig?

Ok I am thinking of getting one anyway. This one is old now and starting to die. It also crashes on Arma 3 and says that there is a gtx error and it didnt respond in time. I looked this up and it is somthing to do with not enough power going towards the GPU. How many watts should i get for my rig?

As said it sounds like a bad PSU, for your system something around 500W is more than enough, but if you are overclocking the CPU and GPU a 650W is not a bad idea on. For budget wise try looking into XFX core series they are fairly well priced and reliable, the original manufacture is seasonic.

As said it sounds like a bad PSU, for your system something around 500W is more than enough, but if you are overclocking the CPU and GPU a 650W is not a bad idea on. For budget wise try looking into XFX core series they are fairly well priced and reliable, the original manufacture is seasonic.

Ok thank you very much i will look into a new PSU as i have decided it is time for a new one :)