2 Router setup with qos

schpongo

Hey guys

I just move into a dorm an me an my freind would like to upgrade out internet set up.

Our current router/dsl modem (easybox 904x) does not support qos. Qos would be very helpful to minimize lag in games.

I also have a Cisco ea 6300 which supports qos.

Now I would like to the 904x to serve as a modem and also keep it's vpn function.

But I would like the Cisco to do all the routing with implemented qos.

Is that setup possible?

Greetings from Germany

Daniel

They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety

Benjamin Franklin

Hey guys

I just move into a dorm an me an my freind would like to upgrade out internet set up.

Our current router/dsl modem (easybox 904x) does not support qos. Qos would be very helpful to minimize lag in games.

I also have a Cisco ea 6300 which supports qos.

Now I would like to the 904x to serve as a modem and also keep it's vpn function.

But I would like the Cisco to do all the routing with implemented qos.

Is that setup possible?

Greetings from Germany

Daniel

You could use the 904x as a modem and turn off it's wireless. Then use the Cisco router to connect all of your devices and use the QoS

Anything plugged into the 904x will not be affected by QoS, so I would advise not to plug anything except the Cisco router into it

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

QOS usually only takes effect when traffic bandwidth is reaching maximum on the interface to help prioritize things that require less latency. What speed do you have to your dorm? Also does the college provide internet or are you required to purchase that yourself? because if they provide it there wouldnt be much you could do anyways once it hits their network they probably care less how traffic is prioritized just as long as the internet stays up.

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram