RoG Swift setup

KillerFry

Hey there;

So, I just got my RoG Swift from Newegg two days ago. I have to say that I am very pleased with it! I guess I had never noticed how bad the image quality was on my VG248QE until I got this baby.

In any sense, I'm wondering what are the recommended settings for the monitor; particularly the ULMB. For the moment, I have ULMB set to 75% in 120Hz mode; I have to say, though, that on the UFO Test page I do see some ghosting, is that expected?

Also, I downloaded the ICC profile from TFT Review's database and I'm using it. I saw somewhere that adjusting the Digital Vibrance in the Nvidia Control Panel is recommended to get somewhat better colors when using ULMB. What I'm wondering is if this profile is right when using ULMB, or if I should look for one in particular for when ULMB is activated.

The G-Sync is... woah, amazing. I have been playing Alien Isolation and it looks great! My 980 handles it well and keeps it over 90fps at 1440p. I must say, I'm in love with this monitor!

When I calibrate my monitors, I do it by eye (For lack of a calibrating device). Normally works alright with my home made calibration images xD

I have a block greyscale one. (Ignore the double-wide black bit, that was a mistake)

7RThFrW.png

And a smooth radial one.

Sgnn4FP.png

Hope theese help.

(P.S, I'm using a VG248QE, Thanks for telling me how good the swift is. I was considering it.)