Monitor for gaming

I am thinking of upgrading my monitor that I use for gaming, and there are many good options out here. I was thinking between 1440p and 4K, if I could get a few inputs I would appreciate it, the ones I am currently considering are:

1. Acer XB280HK 4K G-SYNC Gaming Monitor      

2. Asus ROG Swift 1440p G-Sync gaming monitor           http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236405

3. Overlord Tempest X270OC                                          http://overlordcomputer.com/products/tempest-x270oc-glossy

4. Asus PB278Q                                                               http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236294&cm_re=pb278q-_-24-236-294-_-Product

5. Wait

Is g-sync relay worth it?

At the moment I have a 23` Hp TN panel, which I will keep as a side monitor, but I want something biger and with a higher ppi and overall pixel count. The games I mainly play are RPGs, third-person shooters and action-adventure games.

My system is: i7 4770k @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, Gtx 970 (considering getting another one). If I could get some inputs from people who have these monitors or have used them I would appreciate it.

ROG Swift any day of the week. Unless Microsoft fix all of the scaling issues with 4K, it's not really a usable platform. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

I also don't really like 4K at the moment. Just used one yesterday and it is an altogether frustrating experience unless you're gaming and doing nothing else. I also don't really think that G-Sync is worth the huge price tag that comes with it, I'm waiting to see what will happen with DisplayPort and AMD's Freesync. It is possible that we will be seeing 120 Hz 1440p IPS panels in the future (but maybe that's just wishful thinking  :P ). I also just used the LG 34UM95 yesterday and it's ridiculously nice! The extra horizontal viewing space is perfect for games and productivity. If you're really wanting a high refresh rate monitor, definitely the ROG Swift. But why is higher refresh rate important to you and are you die hard team green?

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | ASUS Z97-A | Intel Core i5 4690K | G.Skill Ripjaw 4 GB (desperately needs upgrade) | MSI Radeon R9 290 | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB SSD | Seagate Constellation 1 TB HDD (also needs upgrade) | NZXT Kraken X61 for CPU | NZXT Kraken X61 + G10 for GPU | Corsair M45 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | ASUS Xonar DSX | Denon AD-H2000

The high refresh rate is not that important to me, ~60 fps is good enough for me in almost all cases, for me its more about the actual image quality and over all immersion, because I mostly play non-competitive and non-twitch games, like RPGs, that's why i am considering a 4K monitor, for rpgs, like Dragon age Inquisition and The witcher 3 and such, because Im sure that Winodws 10 will be better at scaling. Just from what I have heard g-sync helps a lot if the frame rate falls to 40-50, and as for team green, I wouldn't say im a die hard fan, but in general i do prefer them over AMD. Or would you say that getting a cheaper Korean monitor or something would be better, and wait a little more until the g-sync/free-sync tech is more advanced? 

I am personally waiting for Freesync to become commonly implemented, as has been indicated. If it's 60 FPS and image quality you're after, I really do suggest you consider the LG 34UM95. It looks fantastic in game, better in my opinion than a 4K screen because the experience of sitting in front of so much horizontal viewing space has a very cinematic appeal and feel. Really good for immersion. More pixels means more detail, yes--to a certain extent (in terms of perceivable PPI). I'm hoping ASUS and other companies follow with 1440p 21:9 screens as it seems like it's the most promising future of monitors and possibly even TVs too. 5040x2160 120-144 Hz IPS Freesync panel anyone? I wish.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | ASUS Z97-A | Intel Core i5 4690K | G.Skill Ripjaw 4 GB (desperately needs upgrade) | MSI Radeon R9 290 | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB SSD | Seagate Constellation 1 TB HDD (also needs upgrade) | NZXT Kraken X61 for CPU | NZXT Kraken X61 + G10 for GPU | Corsair M45 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | ASUS Xonar DSX | Denon AD-H2000