I am trying to put together a new build and was considering the corsair 540 case. I was hoping there was some people that have built in this case.

My question is if you think it would be possible to mount a tube style reservoir to the left vertical bay cover (so the reservoir would be outside on the front of the case). The inlet/outlet tubing would come out from the bottom of the reservoir and enter the second vertical bay cover (drill two holes in the cover with the proper OD).

Any help or insight is appreciated!

This is a image I made to give a better idea of what i'm thinking.

corsairidea_zps3193086e.jpg

You can get a 100mL/140mL bay/reservoir and put it on top of the drive cages. You only need industrial grade double sided tape or velcro.

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

This probably belongs in New Builds And Planning. And, that would look so cool from the front!

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

@Jodomcfrodo, i know that he has a Air 540 with a custom water cooling setup in it.

Indeed I do. 

So you want the res on the outside? I mean you could. But I wouldn't recommend it. The plastic isn't especially strong there. You could get a bay res and dremel out the bar separating the two bays. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6