Enthoo Luxe PWM Controller Question

striker1010

Hi Guys,

I wanted to ask if I was installing a H100i onto an enthoo luxe case with a Z97-A motherboard. Could I hook the fans up for the radiator to the PWM Controller rather than CPU/OPT CPU pins on the motherboard. And then connect the PWM to the motherboard? Or should I connect the fans directly to CPU Fan/Opt headers on the motherboard.

Just wondering.

Thanks,

yes, you normally plug the pump to the CPU fan plug on the mobo

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

Yes you can, but honestly, don't use that PWM controller unless you absolutely have to.  So many problems with it, and even when you do get it working properly, it has the potential to damage your fans because it is constantly revving up and down, up and down by +/- 200rpm.  Really annoying, and not good for the fans, especially if you have the LED fans, you will notice the lights going bright, then faint, bright then faint, along with the up/down of fan speeds.

Very convenient, and a nice feature, but after messing around with it for a few months, I finally had enough and bought an NZXT Sentry 3.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Yes you can, but honestly, don't use that PWM controller unless you absolutely have to.  So many problems with it, and even when you do get it working properly, it has the potential to damage your fans because it is constantly revving up and down, up and down by +/- 200rpm.  Really annoying, and not good for the fans, especially if you have the LED fans, you will notice the lights going bright, then faint, bright then faint, along with the up/down of fan speeds.

Very convenient, and a nice feature, but after messing around with it for a few months, I finally had enough and bought an NZXT Sentry 3.

Oh I see, didn't know it was such an issue. In that case, I won't even bother connecting the PWM connector from the hub to the motherboard. Simply use the 12V Sata connection to power through the PSU.

Oh I see, didn't know it was such an issue. In that case, I won't even bother connecting the PWM connector from the hub to the motherboard. Simply use the 12V Sata connection to power through the PSU.

If you do that, all fans will be running at 100%. It will work, without a constant up/down, but it will be loud and you won't be able to control the speed.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

If you do that, all fans will be running at 100%. It will work, without a constant up/down, but it will be loud and you won't be able to control the speed.

Could anyone tell me the proper/appropriate method I should approach this then?

I finished building the system, however, for some reason when I use the 12v sata connector to power the hub via the PSU (Hub isn't connected to motherboard). None of the case fans turn on during start up. Whereas, when I use the PWM Hub and connect it to the CPU-OPT header all case fans work. The H100i is connected to CPU Fan.

Could anyone tell me the proper/appropriate method I should approach this then?

I finished building the system, however, for some reason when I use the 12v sata connector to power the hub via the PSU (Hub isn't connected to motherboard). None of the case fans turn on during start up. Whereas, when I use the PWM Hub and connect it to the CPU-OPT header all case fans work. The H100i is connected to CPU Fan.

You can try the OCN Phantek's Owner's Club, but it seems like there is no set in stone right or wrong way for this thing to work.