Upgrade from 5870/6870 to GTX 980... EXCITED! :D

XzzDSA

So yeah, FINALY the 980 and 970 is out. On the announce date, which is pretty cool.. Also resulted in me purchasing the 980GTX pretty much instantly! :D

This weekend is going to be horrible... the waiting tho :/

Anyways, what are your thoughts on the new gpus?
Personally I'm pleased to see it's on par with the Ti.. Wasn't expecting anything else, but you never know :S

Anyways, this marks the update phase for my rig.. Next up is water-cooling, proberly... It depends wether my i7 930 bottlenecks too much, then I might go for an earlier cpu upgrade...

Anyways, that's been a little update, and hopefully you are as excited as I am about the new cards! :D

Regards
  XzzDSA

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

Happy for you :D

but i would buy a new processor soon

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Happy for you :D

but i would buy a new processor soon

it's not THAT bad.

it's not THAT bad.

Its okay but 2.88ghz...

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

it's not THAT bad.

It's okay :)

Its okay but 2.88ghz...

I'm thinking of just get WC first, slapping on some proper cooling and see what I can get out of it :)
So far I've only been running it with an i50 hydro cooler from corsair.. (Yes their SMALLEST 1st gen AIO WC).. It's not exactly brilliant and I've had problems with over heating in the past, so have to run it on stock speeds.

So yeah, might do that - but around 650USD still hurts the wallet (+100 for most european countries). 

- Cool right?

Those taxes... It 'll probaly cheaper to buy airplane ticket than ordering here

Almost :P

- Cool right?