QoS with DHCP disabled?

tract9on

Hey guys,

My network toplogy is:

ISP <-> Virgin Router <-> Buffalo Router AC 1750 <-> Internal Network

My Buffalo Router currently has the QoS settings.I was wondering if I should let the virgin router or the buffalo router manage the DHCP? 

If I don't have DHCP on the Buffalo Router will the QoS measures still be applied even if traffic has to pass through it? Or should I turn off the DHCP on the Virgin router, and if so, will I have issues connecting to the internet?

Many thanks!

I7 3770K | GTX 770 amp! | 12gb DDR3 @1600mhz | 250gb OCZ Vertex 450 & 2TB WD Black 

1# My Buffalo Router currently has the QoS settings.I was wondering if I should let the virgin router or the buffalo router manage the DHCP? 

2# If I don't have DHCP on the Buffalo Router will the QoS measures still be applied even if traffic has to pass through it? Or should I turn off the DHCP on the Virgin router, and if so, will I have issues connecting to the internet?

1# I'd let the Buffalo do all the work, due to the Virgin router combo is doing all routing work.

2# DHCP and QOS have nothing to do with each other so it doesn't matter if DHCP on or off. QOS will work if properly setup.

"There's no test like production!"

Thanks for the reply.

1# I'd let the Buffalo do all the work, due to the Virgin router combo is doing all routing work.

2# DHCP and QOS have nothing to do with each other so it doesn't matter if DHCP on or off. QOS will work if properly setup.

#1 Sure, I think it's compulsory / part of the terms of service that we use the Virgin Superhub  (which has no inbuilt QoS) so I'm trying to work around that and use the buffalo.

#2 Sure, that's great thanks. I was just wondering if it would matter if the buffalo didn't have the routing table whether that would mess things up but if not then that's great. I think the QoS on the buffalo may even be MAC address filtered so it may not even be a problem.

I7 3770K | GTX 770 amp! | 12gb DDR3 @1600mhz | 250gb OCZ Vertex 450 & 2TB WD Black