To anyone who has used G-Sync...

SlaughterSmurf

Okay. Shot in the dark here, but if anyone has used G-sync would the ROG swift with G-sync be worth it if it cost $300 more than the normal version without G-Sync?

I am absolutely curious about this myself. I am left wondering if I should buy 4k monitor or the ROG swift with gsync. I mean I could buy a asus 144hz 1080p monitor for $270. Which is a huge amount of money save yet a big upgrade. I feel I am left clueless as to what option to pick because I want an upgrade but how am I supposed to know what I would be the most happy with. The ROG swift with gsync seems like the best but jeeeeeeeez it's more expensive than 4k holy crap.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I doubt you really need a G Sync when you have a 144Hz monitor. I own a BenQ XL2420Z with colour calibration that is close to an IPS screen. I think it would be better you actually try out both of them yourself to feel the difference.

I doubt you really need a G Sync when you have a 144Hz monitor. I own a BenQ XL2420Z with colour calibration that is close to an IPS screen. I think it would be better you actually try out both of them yourself to feel the difference.

I wish I could try both out -_-

I have the RoG Swift, you DEFINATELY need G-Sync with a 144hz monitor, as you're not going to push 144fps ever... Unless you have triple GTX 780 Ti...

What I love the most is the resolution increase, wondering how I could've lived without it :)

I have one and g-sync is fantastic. I wouldn't look at a new monitor now without g-sync.

Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.

I can't play games without gsync anymore.

I tried switching over to ulmb last week in Path of Exile, but the random stutters drove me crazy.

780Ti, vg248qe gsync kit

main(i){for(;i<101;i++)printf("Fizz\n\0Fizzz\bBuzz\n\0%d\n"+(!(i%5)^!!(i%3)*3)*6,i);}

This thread is kicking my plans in the nuts and stomps on it's head.

I was currently convincing myself that G-Sync and low reaction times ain't that important and i would rather have good colors and no color shift with a IPS 60 Hz monitor.

So extra question: did any of you have a IPS monitor before and what would you prefer?

who cares...

I was currently convincing myself that G-Sync and low reaction times ain't that important and i would rather have good colors and no color shift with a IPS 60 Hz monitor.

So extra question: did any of you have a IPS monitor before and what would you prefer?

I always thought I'd prefer IPS, but after gaming on the VG248QE (without g-sync) I could never give up this delicious refresh rate.

2014 - EVGA 780 SC ACX | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | VGA248QE | Fractal Define r4

2015 - EVGA 980 | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X41 | Asus ProArt 1080p IPS | Fractal Define r4

2017 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 6600K | Strix z270e | Trident DDR4 3GHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X42 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair Crystal 460x

2021 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 5600X | Strix B550-F | Trident Neo DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | Dark Power Pro 12 1500W | EK AIO Basic 360 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

2023 - Asus TUF 4090 | 5800X3D | Strix B550-F | Viper DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | RM1000x | h150i 360 Elite LCD | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

I have a 27" 1440p IPS panel sitting next to it. 

Once I played a game at 144hz I never considered gaming on it again. That was before gsync. After I installed the kit all bets were off.

main(i){for(;i<101;i++)printf("Fizz\n\0Fizzz\bBuzz\n\0%d\n"+(!(i%5)^!!(i%3)*3)*6,i);}

As someone who always thought they'd prefer high refresh rate I am extremely satisfied with my purchase of a VG248QE without G-Sync. However everything I have heard of G-Sync basically says that games look like 144fps even when running at 100-80fps with G-Sync enabled. I would definatly buy the ROG Swift over an IPS. Would I buy G-Sync? Probably not however if you have the money I would probably say it would be worth it.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

im planing on getting the VG248QE in the next few days.. when i plug it in should i run games with Vsync on or off?

say BF4 i choose 1920x1080 @ 144Hrz i dont believe my R9 280X will be able to push out 144 FPS constantly..

The Rig:

CPU: Ci5 4690, Mobo: Msi H97 Gaming 3, Ram: G.skill 4x2 NQ @1333Mhz, GPU: Gigabyte R9 280X, PSU: CoolerMaster 600W Silent Pro, Case: CM 690 II, MouseLogitech G500 <- 4 year veteran beginning to die :/, KeyBoardRazer Arctosa Silver <- 4 year veteran good as new , Sound: Roccat Kave 5.1 Solid

Thanks for the answers, that's very helpful. :)

Allthough i think it's still not easy to decide unless i see it myself. My target FPS is more like 40-60 anyways but i think G-Sync works fine to as low as 40? Problem is that G-Sync solutions are still much more expensive than IPS. :(

who cares...