Ram compatibility?

Hi. I have an Asus Z97 motherboard with an Intel i7 4790k and a 4GB GTX 770. Now I have posted on here before about my PC being slow.
Here is the 8gb dual channel Ram I have
 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231544&cm_re=g_skill_ares-_-20-231-544-_-Product

And since my PC has been slow, I looked up the Ram compatibility from the motherboad manual and it states different Ram. This the Ram it stated after I looked it up.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231461

The only real difference is the voltage, could that be the problem? Should I buy the Ram the manual has?

post-103451-0-55401900-1409129059_thumb.

There is a reason why there is a RAM "manual" for boards. Stick with that manual and you will be fine :)

Infact, I have put RAM in a server that wasnt compatible and the heat from the sticks radiated so much the server kept crashing.

I looked up the Ram on G skills website and they are compatible, I just don't understand why the manual says different.

should,yea - but if you dont really know what the problem is i wouldn't necessarily buy it immediately hoping it will fix everything

Have you tested other parts of your system to actually come to the conclusion that it is RAM? There could be X number of other issues to cause performance issues on a PC.

Well I ran furmark on my gpu to test it and it didn't fail I tried different gpus and they were fine. Possibly the pcie slot? Or motherboard may be failing. But Windows recommends me 12gb of ram over 8, but it's worked fine before until recently.

I've done cpu stress tests with 3 different programs and it passed. Also ran the memory test on Intel extreme tuning utility and it passed. And on intel diagnostic tool my system passed.

So I don't know what the problem is. I've tried different psus also.

Well I ran furmark on my gpu to test it and it didn't fail I tried different gpus and they were fine. Possibly the pcie slot? Or motherboard may be failing. But Windows recommends me 12gb of ram over 8, but it's worked fine before until recently.

I've done cpu stress tests with 3 different programs and it passed. Also ran the memory test on Intel extreme tuning utility and it passed. And on intel diagnostic tool my system passed.

So I don't know what the problem is. I've tried different psus also.

So in what way is your computer slow? Is it only in games, on the desktop, when running certain applications, when transferring files, or all the time etc?

Have you checked for applications/services running in the background?

So in what way is your computer slow? Is it only in games, on the desktop, when running certain applications, when transferring files, or all the time etc?

Have you checked for applications/services running in the background?

Only games. I've checked applications and services and only have the.essentials running. Also the problem goes away when I hit restart. Once the pc restarts everything is fine.