Thoughts on the new Galaxy Alpha?

So, the new Samsung Alpha has been announced.

Exynos 5430: 4 x 1,8 GHz and 4 x 1,3 GHz

12 MP camera

2GB of RAM

4.7" 720p screen

6.7mm thin (thinner than the iPhone 5S)

1860 mAh battery

Android 4.4.4

BUT

Aluminium body6.jpg

So what do you guys think about this phone?

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

Looks like a big iphone which aint bad 

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Feces. Metal UNIBODY forever. Front facing speakers forever. 1080p and above forever. Die touchwiz. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

Looks a little too similar to the iPhone. Also TouchWiz is terrible, they may have improved over the years but it is still not as good as stock Android, Sony's skin (whatever it is called), HTC Sense, etc.

face it, its NOT an aluminium body, its just a metal ring around the phone...

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Looks wise it's the first Samsung phone earlier I like, but the 1800mah battery is yet to be tested, I don't expect long battery life, not even a day... Oh also touching instantly makes this a nono for me but at least Samsung finally starts to go with public demand.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

But I think this is one small but significant step.

I'd like to see Samsung to get rid of the rest of the plastic on the Phone.

Still... it looks better than any other Samsung device.

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

The phone itself isn't bad, but the price is, 599 euros for this phone is absolutely crazy and insane despite its metal body

LG G3 will eat this phone for breakfast, and in fact it has better design IMO even with plastic

My current rig for entertainment/gaming: i5 4570 3,2GHz; MSI B85M-E45; ZOTAC GTX760 AMP!; 8GB (2x4GB) by Kingston; Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm; Corsair 200R, Corsair VS650; Dell U2312HM, Samsung DVD R/W optical drive; CM Devastator; Corsair MM400 gaming pad

The 600€ price tag IMO would be too much for that.

Also why complain over the 720p screen? Do you really need 1080p / 1440p (/ 1600p / 2160p) screens on a 5" screen? That pixel density is just insane, and pointless, unless you have the screen right on your face.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

The overall frame doesn't look too different to the S4mini.
Personally, I prefer a plastic cover because metal feels colder, though having the resistence of metal would help the already sturdy build that Samsung has.
The change in CPU might cause troubles with some apps that work on some cores but not others, so compatibility might be hampered. Or not.
Some people may complain about the 720p screen because we're in love with numbers, though I certainly find my S4mini's 720p good enough even for movies.
There is no info about internal memory. 2 Gs RAM seem to be enough, but I manage to saturate the S4mini's internal 8Gs if I'm not careful about what I download.... I find it stupid to emulate a microSD within the internal memory and default all "out" memory there. That's why I bought a 32Gs chip, to keep the internal memory free. Sily Samsung.
The battery is small... probably parking the cores would help, but it may not be enough to expand its life.
Also, the price..... well, it's crazy.