R9 270 vs GTX 750 Ti for a streamer?

CombustibLemon5

I plan on streaming, and I like the extra power in the 270, but the 750 Ti includes Shadowplay and it is about 45 dollars cheaper. Will I miss the extra power in the 270? During streaming will I get better performance because of shadowplay or will it be about the same? The CPU is a i5-4460, although I might upgrade that if I end up going with the 750 Ti. Thanks.

Dosent AMD just released a shadowplay clone?

CPU Intel i7 2600k @ 4.6ghz + CM hyper 212 evo Motherboard Gigabyte RAM 8gb GPU Nvidia GTX 670 Case Antec Nine Hundred Storage Samsung 840 SSD PSU Antec 650w Display Asus 144hz + 16:10 Samsung for coding Keyboard Microsoft Mouse Steelseries Sensei Raw Sound Sennheiser HD555

Okay, that is good to hear. Is the 750 Ti going to give me 60 FPS at 1080p on most games (with the CPU in mind)?

Using ShadowPlay, I notice little to no performance impact with my 750 Ti.

Raptr has a built in thing that is very much like shadowplay. I haven't used it myself as I have a 30KB/s upload so it'd be the equivalent of trying to watch 1080p netflix on dial up.

I used the Raptr amd thing, works pretty smooth actually, really enjoyed using it, noticed 0 frame drops

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Yes, but it is still fairly buggyright now from what I understand.

Okay, that is good to hear. Is the 750 Ti going to give me 60 FPS at 1080p on most games (with the CPU in mind)?

That depends on the settings, in low/ med settings I´d say you get stable FPS but cranking up the details will lower the performance of the 750Ti in 1080p a lot. But the card is great for a streaming pc with optional gaming here and there.

I´ve got an i5 4430 with a GTX 750 Ti (just built it last weekend) as streaming/ living room pc and I couldn´t be happier. Super quiet and very low power consumption. That just rocks!!

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

I plan on streaming, and I like the extra power in the 270, but the 750 Ti includes Shadowplay and it is about 45 dollars cheaper. Will I miss the extra power in the 270? During streaming will I get better performance because of shadowplay or will it be about the same? The CPU is a i5-4460, although I might upgrade that if I end up going with the 750 Ti. Thanks.

Eh, I would probably lean more towards a 760 with that i5. But sure the 750 ti will probably meet your needs better since AMDs game recording technology isn't very good right now since I have a lot of issues with the Raptr Apps in game overlay.

It appears that they did and that it is similar to shadowplay in that very little performance is lost. This changes things.

As others have said AMD has there own version of shadowplay now. Raptr just released and update today for it also. Its called GVR now.

Would you say that it is very buggy?

As others have said AMD has there own version of shadowplay now. Raptr just released and update today for it also. Its called GVR now.

No. I would recommend a 270/760 if you're looking for 60FPS 1080P. The 750 Ti is still a great card, but a card with a bit more horsepower would be optimal in your situation.

Would you say that it is very buggy?

No not at all. I've used it to make videos already. Works very well.

But I should be able to get either Med 60 FPS or High 30 FPS?

No. I would recommend a 270/760 if you're looking for 60FPS 1080P. The 750 Ti is still a great card, but a card with a bit more horsepower would be optimal in your situation.

No not at all. I've used it to make videos already. Works very well.

Have you tried to stream with it?

But I should be able to get either Med 60 FPS or High 30 FPS?

Depends on the game, but you'll get at least 30FPS with the 750 Ti if you lower your settings.

Depends on the game, but you'll get at least 30FPS with the 750 Ti if you lower your settings.

That's good to hear, coming from a GT430, where 20 FPS is sometimes the best I can do.

Have you tried to stream with it?

Yes .It worked great. Although I still use OBS.Its the go to free streaming software.

Yes .It worked great. Although I still use OBS.Its the go to free streaming software.

Can you grab the video using GVR and run through OBS?

Can you grab the video using GVR and run through OBS?

Not sure but, it can record on it's own. No need for another program.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

Not sure but, it can record on it's own. No need for another program.

I want to be able to add webcams, intros, breaks, etc.

Go with a Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I0D81OG hands-down. The R9 270 is a much faster card for gaming and you have plenty of options to stream without using ShadowPlay.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, ASUS Maximus VII Hero, i7-4790K @ 4.5GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX 980Ti SC, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2X8GB 1866Mhz CL9, 2X Crucial M500 960GB, EVGA SuperNOVA 1050 GS, ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q w/ nVidia 3D Vision 2

You can use OBS with QuickSync if your CPU support it, otherwise there is OBS with VCE or Raptr GVR for AMD GPU.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Go with a Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I0D81OG hands-down. The R9 270 is a much faster card for gaming and you have plenty of options to stream without using ShadowPlay.

I heard that "Shadowplay" inhibits a next to nothing performance impact. If this is true than it would be a big benefit to those few that like to do allot of game streaming.