CM GeminII M4 vs Corsair H60

tommoose13

So, I recently built my little dream ITX build because I move my computer around a lot.  Looks like this:

(Relevant objects only lol)

CPU:   Core i5 OC'd 4.4GHz

Mobo:  EVGA Stinger Z87

GPU:   MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr III

Case:  Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced

Cooler: CM GeminII M4

Idle (with EIST) is 39-41C and load is right up in the 80C range.  I'm really not worried about my chip running this hot, as I've seen them run hotter, but I'm wondering if an H60 would give me better temps and maybe some better overclocking headroom.  It'd be nice to get to 4.6 and stable or even a little further, and I'm confident my chip has the capabilities, just an awfully crowded itx case and no airflow. 

Basically, how much should I expect my temps to drop from the GeminII to the H60? 

Also, how much better is the H80i than the H60?  Is it a matter of 3-4 degrees or possibly 8-10?

My budget sucks so I'm REALLY leaning towards the H60, but I'm ready to be convinced otherwise.

Any opinions/ideas would be awesome! :)

the CM GeminII M4 should be able to cool your CPU just fine

increase the fan speed

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Okay, first off, my case does not support a 212 evo, secondly, under load the GeminII hits 100% fan speed.  Also it's a little loud.

Should I consider getting a Noctua NF-F12 instead of the stock fan on the cooler?  Or is an H60 a good option? OR will an H80i get me the performance I want?

Okay, first off, my case does not support a 212 evo, secondly, under load the GeminII hits 100% fan speed.  Also it's a little loud.

Should I consider getting a Noctua NF-F12 instead of the stock fan on the cooler?  Or is an H60 a good option? OR will an H80i get me the performance I want?

yea maybe the Noctua will be a better option

avoid Corsair AIO

the pumps are known to fail

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

The guy at the local computer parts store said the same thing about Corsair...
If not Corsair, is there any better brand for AIOs?

Or is the GeminII seriously the best thing I can get in this case? :unsure:

The guy at the local computer parts store said the same thing about Corsair...

If not Corsair, is there any better brand for AIOs?

Or is the GeminII seriously the best thing I can get in this case? :unsure:

AIO

well you can see CoolerMaster Seidon 120XL

NZXT Kraken X41

or ThermalTake