NEED URGENT help!

AustinTheIntern

hey guys,

so i just transferred my old laptop's hdd to a ssd

problem: i transferred it via the included samsung disk utility (using a 840 pro) and when i plug it in, it can't boot.

the windows logo shows up, spins for like 1-3 ms and it just goes back to the bios (and the process keeps repeating over and over)

notes: i dont know if it matters, but my win 7 isn't genuine... o_O

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

WIndows 7 doesn't need to be geniune to load up (just illegal lol) but is the drive set in AHCI mode, I was told that SSD's need to be set to that in the BIOS but since I haven't had any experience with SSD's my opinion may be worthless but you never know :)

If everything is fine then maybe something to do with Windows itself, maybe some files were damaged somewhere down the line

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

WIndows 7 doesn't need to be geniune to load up (just illegal lol) but is the drive set in AHCI mode, I was told that SSD's need to be set to that in the BIOS but since I haven't had any experience with SSD's my opinion may be worthless but you never know :)

If everything is fine then maybe something to do with Windows itself, maybe some files were damaged somewhere down the line

yes, it is in ahci mode.

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

yes, it is in ahci mode.

Then I would say that it could be something to do with the Windows boot files or something, I'd try reinstalling it and see how that goes.

Geniune or not, it's nothing to do with me, use it at your own risk :P

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Then I would say that it could be something to do with the Windows boot files or something, I'd try reinstalling it and see how that goes.

Geniune or not, it's nothing to do with me, use it at your own risk :P

wouldn't the same thing happen if i recopied it? -.-

wouldn't the same thing happen if i recopied it? -.-

He meant just install windows on the SSD, not copy the HDD over to the SSD.

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

He meant just install windows on the SSD, not copy the HDD over to the SSD.

how do i get my programs/files and such on my ssd?

how do i get my programs/files and such on my ssd?

Oh, im not saying thats the fix, im just saying thats what he meant.

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

Have you tried booting in safe mode?  sometimes when I move drives windows freaks and resets when loading drivers, but a safe boot gives it a chance to re-detect all the hardware and start working again.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Try safe mode if not do a clean install.

Clean installs are always better for SSDs anyway.

You first need to disable AHCI mode in the bios, then follow the steps there: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=313676

You can then re-enable AHCI mode and Windows will boot and install AHCI drivers automatically.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein