What laptop would you recommend for between $500-750

mkessler9

Hello,

Long story short I'm not able to use my laptop anymore. It was getting a bit under powered for me anyways...

I'm looking for a laptop that has between 6-8gbs of ram. A quad core processor(preferably with hyper-threading to), its not mandatory but I would like for it to have a decently powered dedicated gpu.

I'll mainly be using this for school (Photoshop, lots of word processing)  but I would also like for it to be able to play a decent amount of games(say gta 4 on medium settings).

My budget is around a maximum of $750 but preferably lower. Now I know this is probably a bit to ask for the price but I've found some on newegg that fit my demands.

So my question to you is, what laptop in this price range would you recommend to me?

Thanks! 

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

surface pro 3 lol I love that thing!

Its all looks these days

Hello,

Long story short I'm not able to use my laptop anymore. It was getting a bit under powered for me anyways...

I'm looking for a laptop that has between 6-8gbs of ram. A quad core processor(preferably with hyper-threading to), its not mandatory but I would like for it to have a decently powered dedicated gpu.

I'll mainly be using this for school (Photoshop, lots of word processing)  but I would also like for it to be able to play a decent amount of games(say gta 4 on medium settings).

My budget is around a maximum of $750 but preferably lower. Now I know this is probably a bit to ask for the price but I've found some on newegg that fit my demands.

So my question to you is, what laptop in this price range would you recommend to me?

Thanks! 

Lenovo g510, g50, or z510

Although, I'd really aim for something like the y40/y50/y510 just to get a better screen. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I bought an ASUS A55V http://www.asus.com/my/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/A55VD/ a couple years ago and it has served me well for some pretty decent gaming with its Nvidia 610m graphics. Core i5 processor and 6GB of memory. Pretty sure it was less than $700usd. I have had an issue where a few months ago a windows update caused the usb ports to stop working and the only solution I was able to come up with (even with ASUS tech support) was to reset to factory settings and disable windows update. They may have resolved the issue since then but I'm not willing to try and risk having to uninstall and reinstall again.

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

An Acer Aspire V3-572G-54L9 for 699$ with 1.7GHz Core i5, GTX 840M, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD and 7hr battery life good deal. Though, the hard drive is only 5400RPM and has no SSD cache, and that sucks at this age.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-V3-572G-54L9-15-6-Inch-Platinum/dp/B00K81O3RW/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1404354036&Fastsr=1-1&keywords=laptops

MSI CX61 2PC-499US for 730$. Faster 2.5Ghz Core i5, but GPU is GTX 820M and 750GB HDD with the same crappy 5400RPM speed.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/MSI-CX61-2PC-499US-15-6-Inch-Laptop/dp/B00ISKS4A2/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1404354036&sr=1-5&keywords=laptops