First Build GamingPC [sub €1050]

Hello elitists

So i have been planning this build since early 2013, after all these years with shitty prebuilds (like in signature) i finally got the chance to build one my self !

Watched Linus his build videos over and over again.

Budget below 1050 Euro's

Location: Belgium > Buying from shop in the Netherlands because they are cheaper

Purpose: Mainly gaming, Internet browsing, etc

Games like

BF3 ,BF4 and GTA V when it comes out

No peripherals or windows needed (Windows 8.1)

Will be overclocking the i5 around 4.4 GHz

Will be buying everything from this shop https://afuture.nl/

Build

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (€214)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 113.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler (€59)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G1.SNIPER Z97 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (€132)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (€89)
Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€67)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€49)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3.0GB Platinum Video Card  (Price around €215)
Case: Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case (€102)
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (€80) Seasonic G-Series 650W
Optical drive:Will be re-used from current PC

TOTAL: €1015

-The videocard will be the ROG 780 ti or the DirectCU II gtx 780 found one very cheap on a trustable Chinese site (bought a laptop + tablet there already)

+Planning to get a 144Hz monitor later

-The memory sticks are those with orange/blue leds on, saw them once in one of Linus his videos had to get these !

-Will the PSU be enough for this build ? its gold certified

-Any TIPS for a first time builder ?

Thanks in advance for the feedback !

4690k==H105==Z97 Sniper G1== Ballistix Tracer 8GB==MSI GTX 1660 Ti== 1TB SB==MX100 128GB ==450D

I suggest you get an i7 with a 290X instead of the 780yi/

Also change the power supply (to for example: https://afuture.nl/productview.php?productID=1113062)

I suggest the gigabyte z97x-ud3h motherboard instead of the g1 sniper.

The rest looks good.

Well i went with Nvidia because of shadowplay and don't really need i7 since only gaming

Whats the difrence between that psu and the corsair one ?

That gigabyte z97x-ud3h is cheaper but i prefer a black and red board

Thanks

4690k==H105==Z97 Sniper G1== Ballistix Tracer 8GB==MSI GTX 1660 Ti== 1TB SB==MX100 128GB ==450D

Well i went with Nvidia because of shadowplay and don't really need i7 since only gaming

Whats the difrence between that psu and the corsair one ?

That gigabyte z97x-ud3h is cheaper but i prefer a black and red board

Thanks

UD3H is just better (intel LAN, more expansion capabilities, etc.). If you want a red and black board i suggest the msi gaming 5.

That PSU is of much higher quality. The RM series is very lacking in terms of quality, click here to read more.

Since you are only playing at 1080p 3GB will be enough, but i am warning you that while you may not get the same performance with a 290X and an i7, it will benefit you in the long run (more vRAM on the 290X and hyper-threading on the i7, both of which will become more common and more useful in a few years time), meaning about 4 years or so.

If you do however plan to upgrade in the next 3-4 years the i5 and 780ti are fine.

There is an AMD alternative to shadowplay called Game DVR which essentially does the same thing.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

I suggest you get an i7 with a 290X instead of the 780yi/

Also change the power supply (to for example: https://afuture.nl/productview.php?productID=1113062)

I suggest the gigabyte z97x-ud3h motherboard instead of the g1 sniper.

The rest looks good.

Why a 780TI beats the 290X everyday all day. It runs cooler and quiter. The drivers actually get updated often and you get Nvidia Experience.

UD3H is just better (intel LAN, more expansion capabilities, etc.). If you want a red and black board i suggest the msi gaming 5.

That PSU is of much higher quality. The RM series is very lacking in terms of quality, click here to read more.

Since you are only playing at 1080p 3GB will be enough, but i am warning you that while you may not get the same performance with a 290X and an i7, it will benefit you in the long run (more vRAM on the 290X and hyper-threading on the i7, both of which will become more common and more useful in a few years time), meaning about 4 years or so.

If you do however plan to upgrade in the next 3-4 years the i5 and 780ti are fine.

There is an AMD alternative to shadowplay called Game DVR which essentially does the same thing.

Speaking of futuring proofing a 780ti will play games on ultra for longer than the 290x if 2 gb is not enough get a 4gb version. I think they even sell a 6gb version. If he is only doing games he probably wont use the threads. 

Why a 780TI beats the 290X everyday all day. It runs cooler and quiter. The drivers actually get updated often and you get Nvidia Experience.

"NVIDIAFANBOYEXTREME" says it all.

I depends which 780ti and which 290X we are talking about. The vapor x 290X is quieter than an asus dcu ii 780ti (for example).

AMDs alternative to Geforce Experience is AMD Gaming APP, which has all the same features AND actually rewards you for using it.

"The drivers actually get updated often and you get Nvidia Experience." That is a false claim, you are simply assuming that. AMD has greatly improved their driver support since last year and i can say that as an AMD user i have yet to experience a situation (game, application, etc.) where a driver is not optimized. In fact you get mantle support with AMD GPUs (and true audio with the 290/x) unlike nvidia which has no competition in this area.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Speaking of futuring proofing a 780ti will play games on ultra for longer than the 290x if 2 gb is not enough get a 4gb version. I think they even sell a 6gb version. If he is only doing games he probably wont use the threads. 

Wrong again.

You are making false assumptions and making up facts.

"a 780ti will play games on ultra for longer than the 290x", we both do not know, but more vRAM is better as we have seen in the past.

The GTX 580 had 1.5GB of vRAM, which is very little for todays standards and that vRAM is limiting the 580 from maxing out and/or bottlenecking games such as watch dogs, bf4, etc.

The 580 was released 2 generations ago. From this we can make an EDUCATED assumption that in 2 - 3 years time there will be games limited by the 3GB of vRAM found on the 780ti while the 4GB on the 290X will be more "future proof".

"I think they even sell a 6gb version". This is the part of the quote where you are making up facts. There is NO 780ti 6Gb, there is only a 780 6GB, which cannot fully utilize the 6GB as it only has a mere 384 bit memory bus, compared to the 290Xs 512 bus which could theoretically utilize 6GB and a 780 is also less powerful than a even a 290: http://cdn.videocardz.com/1/2013/10/AMD-R9-290X-Performance.jpg. It also shows that the 290X does beat out the titan, which is a faster card than the 780 (but is $1000).

"If he is only doing games he probably wont use the threads.". Wrong once again. As seen in the past 4 years, the utilization of cores went up from 2 cores being good for gaming to 4 core being good for gaming. From this we can once again make an EDUCATED assumption that 6 cores will become more popular, and as hyperthreading is basically adding virtual cores, it will help in future games. To support this argument, BF4 already uses more than 4 cores, as seen in this graph: http://gamegpu.ru/images/remote/http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Battlefield_4_Beta-test-bf_4_intel.jpg which clearly shows that going from 4 cores to 6 cores gives quite a performance boost.

tumblr_lofpq0whtl1qkmf1k.jpg

@Chiko

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

@H4X3R

Well thank you very mutch for this article about the powersupplies was actualy going for the corsair  CS M series but is there another modulair option for XFX XTR Series 650w ?

Seasonic any good ?

@H4X3R

Well thank you very mutch for this article about the powersupplies was actualy going for the corsair  CS M series but is there another modulair option for XFX XTR Series 650w ?

Seasonic any good ?

Seasonic is the best. XFX is just like corsair, making companies like fsp, seasonic, superflower, etc make the internals for them. All XFX PSUs are made by seasonic (the new ones) while only the top end ax series from corsair are made by seasonic.

The CSM are also bad.

On my phone atm

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

@H4X3R

Well then i'm sure this modular psu > G-Series 650W will be good.

@H4X3R

Well then i'm sure this modular psu > G-Series 650W will be good.

You confuse me a little.

BTW, here is a review of the G 650W (i assume you are getting that): http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story2&reid=348

It is semi modular (basically fully modular because you have to use all the hard-wired cables anyway)

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

You confuse me a little.

BTW, here is a review of the G 650W (i assume you are getting that): http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story2&reid=348

It is semi modular (basically fully modular because you have to use all the hard-wired cables anyway)

Yeah now i'm sure i'm getting this one thanks man !

But i have another thing, just for the looks i really would like to go with an all in one water cooling unit , the H75 just falls into my budget

Do you have any thoughts on this ? Looks like to perform on the same level like an H80i

Yeah now i'm sure i'm getting this one thanks man !

But i have another thing, just for the looks i really would like to go with an all in one water cooling unit , the H75 just falls into my budget

Do you have any thoughts on this ? Looks like to perform on the same level like an H80i

Water cooling is very loud with the stock fans (on all corsair units) and doesn't do as well as air cooling for the same price. OVERALL though, spending like $150 - $500 on watercooling does yield better results.

I highly suggest you get the nh d14 like i suggested or a dark rock pro 3 (i like that one more because it is a little quieter).

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Water cooling is very loud with the stock fans (on all corsair units) and doesn't do as well as air cooling for the same price. OVERALL though, spending like $150 - $500 on watercooling does yield better results.

I highly suggest you get the nh d14 like i suggested or a dark rock pro 3 (i like that one more because it is a little quieter).

Well i'm not so sure if it noise will bother me so mutch, my PC is in the livingroom where the TV is always on and i wear a headset.  Can always replace the fans with other optimized presure fans :)

Seasonic is the best. XFX is just like corsair, making companies like fsp, seasonic, superflower, etc make the internals for them. All XFX PSUs are made by seasonic (the new ones) while only the top end ax series from corsair are made by seasonic.

The CSM are also bad.

On my phone atm

I am pretty sure that Seasonic make all of the XFX psu's. 

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page625.htm

I agree that Seasonic are one of the best. I would hold that title for Delta made units though (in terms of quality). Not by a huge amount though.