Remove 5.25" drive bays from Arc Midi R2?

Owen
Go to solution Solved by TheNinjaNextDor,

I think that case might use screws.

If it has rivets just drill them right out.

Anyone know if this is possible without having to cut them out? I haven't looked thoroughly yet but it looks like they use permanent screw thingys

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

I think that case might use screws.

If it has rivets just drill them right out.

Yeah rivets, that's the word I was looking for lol. I think it might use those. Thanks for the tip!

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Yeah rivets, that's the word I was looking for lol. I think it might use those. Thanks for the tip!

No problem!

I drilled out the ones in my R4, it really frees up a lot of space. All you do is get a drill head about the size of the rivet and drill right through.

AFAIK Fractal chose to use screws when designing the Arc Mini/Midi R2 so you can put larger rads in.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

AFAIK Fractal chose to use screws when designing the Arc Mini/Midi R2 so you can put larger rads in.

Just checked, definitely revits unfortunately. I know for a fact they used screws for the mini, don't know why they didnt for the arc.

Just checked, definitely revits unfortunately. I know for a fact they used screws for the mini, don't know why they didnt for the arc.

It's a bigger case and it cost money to use screws so maybe they couldn't because they wouldn't meet they're profit margin.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!