Roku issues

Jedicake

I got a simple Roku where it's just the HDMI stick and it works on one TV in another room through HDMI/USB but it doesn't work on the TV in my bedroom, the TV's HDMI cable has been tested and works fine. Is there just some TV's that have incompatibility issues?

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

I got a simple Roku where it's just the HDMI stick and it works on one TV in another room through HDMI/USB but it doesn't work on the TV in my bedroom, the TV's HDMI cable has been tested and works fine. Is there just some TV's that have incompatibility issues?

In theory, any TV should be able to use it. HDMI is HDMI. It's just an input video signal.

Can you be more specific about why it won't work? Describe exactly step by step how you hooked it up, and what the results were (no video, tv says no signal, blank screen, weird colours, etc). We need every detail.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

In theory, any TV should be able to use it. HDMI is HDMI. It's just an input video signal.

Can you be more specific about why it won't work? Describe exactly step by step how you hooked it up, and what the results were (no video, tv says no signal, blank screen, weird colours, etc). We need every detail.

Hooked the USB side into the USB port on TV, put the Roku stick into HDMI 1 slot, hit input on TV to get to HDMI 1, says No Signal. Tried putting Roku into HDMI 2 and input to HDMI 2, no signal. Thought it might've been the USB on TV, so tried using the AC power cord, tried both HDMI 1 and 2, no signal. The light on the stick is on during all of this. Tried the reset on Roku stick several times, nothin D:

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

• 1 month later...

Hooked the USB side into the USB port on TV, put the Roku stick into HDMI 1 slot, hit input on TV to get to HDMI 1, says No Signal. Tried putting Roku into HDMI 2 and input to HDMI 2, no signal. Thought it might've been the USB on TV, so tried using the AC power cord, tried both HDMI 1 and 2, no signal. The light on the stick is on during all of this. Tried the reset on Roku stick several times, nothin D:

Doesn't sound like it's the Roku. Have you tried plugging other things into the HDMI port that won't show anything from the Roku?

Doesn't sound like it's the Roku. Have you tried plugging other things into the HDMI port that won't show anything from the Roku?

oh god this thread is ooollllddddd, I stored my Roku away after I got my PC back up and running.

I appreciate the help though