24 pin Motherboard Power Connector Issue

I built a new rig a couple of weeks ago and lately i had showed it to one of my friends. I noticed that the motherboard power connector did not go in all the way.lately this has been bugging me and i would like to know if there was solution.

My motherboard is a MSI B75MA-P45 and my power supply is a Corsair CX500.

I am not 100 percent that this is a issue because the computer has worked for the past couple of weeks and still does.

Please reply because im not sure if i will have to get a new power supply or a motherboard or even both.

Thanks

You should hear the little tab on the connector from the psu mechanically click. I would suggest disconnecting it and making sure that the 2 parts (the 20 and the 4) are seated together properly, then plug it back in. 

If your computer is functioning properly I would wager that it is connected and you friend may be trolling you. 

I7-950 @3.06ghz GIGABYTE X58A-UD3R 3X2gb CORSAIR XMS3 @ 2000MHZ GIGABYTE 7950 CORSAIR HX1000 PSU SANDISK SSD WD 1TB BLACK CORSAIR 600T

I5-750 @ 3.5ghz MSI P55A-GD65 NO DEDICATED RAM YET 2X XFX 5770 OCZ FATAL1TY 1000WATT PSU CORSAIR SSD BITFENIX OUTLAW

I5-760 GIGABYTE P55A-UD4p 4x2gb GSKILL @ 1600   Possible Hackintosh 

You may also want to check and make sure that the plastic housing that both the connector and receiver are housed in are both still in tact and not chipped or flimsy. This may have caused you problem. If not, i would maybe look into taking it to a professional because a short in your system is defiantly not something you want. Hope this help and hope you get it fixed soon!