bitcoin mining help

hello everyone i have a few questions i need help with. i have been wanting to bitcoin mine for a while and recently iv come in to some money and the main question is is there point me starting mining, is it profatable and if so what should i use i have seen antminers u2 and asic cube i was looking to spend about £300 witch is about $500 (sorry if it wrong). so is there point me bitcoin mining and if there is what should i get

You missed the bitcoin mining bubble by a long shot.

With the government now making it taxable and the mainstream status it's picking up slowly, that 1k a coin crap will never happen again. Even so, it losing value and becoming more widely accepted is also helping it. As long as you aren't GPU mining and don't mind risks for the future (and electricity costs), go for it.

I personally would recommend not getting into it. The price of all currencies have dropped recently making mining very un-attractive 

wow very fast replys thanks everyone. i think i will pass on mining then and no i wasnt going to gpu mine i was going to use asic miners and could you tell me if bitcoin starts to climb again should i jump on ?

wow very fast replys thanks everyone. i think i will pass on mining then and no i wasnt going to gpu mine i was going to use asic miners and could you tell me if bitcoin starts to climb again should i jump on ?

Depends on how fast it climbs and why it is climbing. Gotta be cautious mate. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

DO NOT MINE. Just go to any of the exchanges and buy / sell. You'll profit way faster that way than buying computer hardware, in fact people don't mind with computer hardware these days, they use ASIC miners.

• 3 weeks later...

Bitcoin mining hash rate are gradually increasing more each week. So obviously it’s difficult to mine bitcoins now. Litecoin might be profitable for now, but still it’s tough due to its power cost. Powerful GPUs needed more electricity than the simple CPUs. Nevertheless, GPU has 3D graphics, visual effects and IGPs (Integrated Graphics Processor) that a CPU doesn’t have. For me, I'll go for GPU or ASICs.

Bitcoin Daily- Your daily bitcoin news and update