SteelSeries Siberia V2 usb 7.1 VS Razer Kraken 7.1

lastshot

im buying a headset in the ~$100 range and these two seemed to stand out. would like to know which one you guys think is better. Or if you think i should go for something else.

im going to be using these for gaming.

This is kinda my first headset been using like complete shit for my whole life.

The kraken does not have an external dac (think thats what you call it) are there any dacs that will work with this headset? because it does not have any volume control on the headset.

kind of leaning towards the kraken, But i have NO audio experience, so i have no idea what im doing.

Thank you for your help.

Razer has allways and still is, overrated crap. Many pro players use Steelseries products since they are so cheap and better than razer. And why 7.1 surround sound? Why just normal Siberia V2 (wich has many colors already)

If you talk a lot and the mic is really important then maybe you should look for a usb mic like the snowball or similar and get some good headphones, there are plenty of options out there that sound significantly better than a headset.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

If you talk a lot and the mic is really important then maybe you should look for a usb mic like the snowball or similar and get some good headphones, there are plenty of options out there that sound significantly better than a headset.

what are some examples of headphones

Razer has allways and still is, overrated crap. Many pro players use Steelseries products since they are so cheap and better than razer. And why 7.1 surround sound? Why just normal Siberia V2 (wich has many colors already)

in this case the razer 7.1 is cheaper. but i guess i know what you mean.

what are some examples of headphones

It depends on if you want closed headphones or open headphones. Closed headphones will isolate sound, and open headphones will probably sound better to you. Before I start recommending headphones, where are you located? 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

It depends on if you want closed headphones or open headphones. Closed headphones will isolate sound, and open headphones will probably sound better to you. Before I start recommending headphones, where are you located?

Closed or open i don't mind experienced both, I'm in Toronto Canada. Pretty sure for gaming closed is better.

Closed or open i don't mind experienced both, I'm in Toronto Canada. Pretty sure for gaming closed is better.

Unless you're in a noisy environment, open headphones are better for gaming. Open headphones usually have a wide soundstage, so you can more accurately hear where things are without the use of silly virtual surround. Take a look at these: http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-SE-A1000-Over-Ear-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B0033PROOY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394697265&sr=8-1&keywords=Pioneer+SE-A1000 and a Mod-Mic or something like that if you can ship it to Canada. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50