SanDisk debuts new largest microSD card (128GB)

Artorias

If you have a camera or smartphone that is constantly running out of storage space, forcing you to swap out for another card, then Sandisk’s latest release will be right up your street. It’s a new, record breaking microSD card, with a whopping 128GB capacity.

KitGuru Says: 128GB is more than most people will need, but for professional photographers or HD video producers, it’ll be the perfect addition for any hardware that can’t stream to a networked hard drive. 

It's about time someone ups the capacity for MicroSD cards! This is great for phone users who almost use their handheld as a mobile entertainment center and for people who likes to selfie a lot :).

Source: http://www.kitguru.net/components/jon-martindale/sandisk-debuts-new-largest-microsd-card/

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

We need new iPhones that supports 128 GB Expandable memory!!!!!! :D

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

"But then Apple wouldn't be able to milk as much money from consumers."

Every topic I post in dies.

"But then Apple wouldn't be able to milk as much money from consumers."

Bill gates may buy it :D. Well, yes, the highest i've seen is 64gb . we need new mobiles that will help to expand upto 128 isn't it?

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Bill gates may buy it :D. Well, yes, the highest i've seen is 64gb . we need new mobiles that will help to expand upto 128 isn't it?

If I understand what you're saying correctly (Its not you, I'm just tired), we do probably need larger storage on mobile devices (I wouldn't know as I don't have a smart phone yet :(). 

If I understand what you're saying correctly (Its not you, I'm just tired), we do probably need larger storage on mobile devices (I wouldn't know as I don't have a smart phone yet :(). 

The highest is 64 GB isn't it? 

COMING SOON

The highest is 64 GB isn't it? 

In terms of internal storage, I think it might be 128GB, but don't take my word for it.

Edit: Its 64GB for phones.

Too bad Samsung seem to be the only manufacturer smart enough to include SD card slots. Ohh well... That might change now that Google has made some changes to how SD cards are treated in Android.

In terms of internal storage, I think it might be 128GB, but don't take my word for it.

There are eMMC packets that are 128GB,but so far I have not seen any device other than the iPad use it.

There are eMMC packets that are 128GB,but so far I have not seen any device other than the iPad use it.

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I had to get 128GB from somewhere.

This! Forget HD videos I fill my 64GB iPhone with half my music library alone

KitGuru Says: 128GB is more than most people will need, but for professional photographers or HD video producers

Kitguru clearly doesn't know anything about professional photographers.  They prefer many smaller cards and to swap them frequently, because if one large card fails then the entire wedding shoot is lost and you have some very angry clients on your hands.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Kitguru clearly doesn't know anything about professional photographers.  They prefer many smaller cards and to swap them frequently, because if one large card fails then the entire wedding shoot is lost and you have some very angry clients on your hands.

Well... If we are talking about real professionals then I am pretty sure they have several big cards and each photo is written to two cards at once.

Well... If we are talking about real professionals then I am pretty sure they have several big cards and each photo is written to two cards at once.

nowadays some have wifi SD cards that send the photo straight to a laptop for storage there.  However in the field (e.g a wedding or offsite) there usually is no laptop near enough for that to work.

However having spoken to several photographers, they all carry multiple 4, 8 and 16Gig cards rather than single 32 or 64Gig cards. It seems Dual SD camera or not they won't take the risk.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.