Corsair 750D and Asus Maximus VI Formula MOBO

Go to solution Solved by jlangford.9,

I had the EXACT same problem. The 750d has the stamped standoffs that are like a raised semi-circle. On the back of the Formula, the backplate hits the standoffs since they have a larger footprint, resulting in a few screws not lining up. I just did not attact the bottom and middle screws on the left side of the board, and everything works fine.

Hi, I'm building a computer atm, and while installing my Maximus VI formula board into my Corsair 750D case I ran into a hich.

You see, part of the board is not touching the prebuilt motherboard standoffs, in this case three of the screws can't be screwed in to

the case.

I've attached a photo so you can see for yourself.

post-42837-0-73368000-1390307523_thumb.j

Anyone have any explanation/solution for this? The other holes has screws in them, no problem there, which makes me even more confused :S

I had the EXACT same problem. The 750d has the stamped standoffs that are like a raised semi-circle. On the back of the Formula, the backplate hits the standoffs since they have a larger footprint, resulting in a few screws not lining up. I just did not attact the bottom and middle screws on the left side of the board, and everything works fine.

CPU: 4770k @ 4.6 MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Formula RAM: G-Skill Trident X 16GB @ 1866 COOLER: EK Custom Loop (Supremacy/780 Block/360mm/280mm/MCP35X/Bitspower Res) GPU: Galaxy GTX 780 HOF @1425  STORAGE: 120GB/240GB Samsung 840 Evo, 2TB WD Black, 3TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: EVGA Supenova 1000G2 Case: Corsair 750D with 140mm Akasa Vipers MONITOR: Asus VG248QE

Why can't they be screwed inside? Is it aligned incorrectly? Or does the screw get blocked by something?

System:
4670k@4,7Ghz <fully stable ( and 5Ghz, incredible unstable)| Asus Maximus VI Hero | G.Skill TridentX 16GB 2400Mhz C10 | AMD XFX R9 290 OC'ed (locked, Elpida) Cooled by a Kraken G10&X40 w/ NF-A14 | NZXT Phantom 530 | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Samsung EVO 250GB | Cooler Master V850 | QNIX QX2710 @110Hz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | Ducky Shine 3 ^^ | Madcatz R.A.T. 5 | Brainwavz Delta's |

is that standoff made for ATX? There are other standoffs for other form factors. Some ATX boards wont have the holes for certain connections because they don't need it sometimes.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

same problem on my case but only the bottom corner one. as long as its secure enought to not more or fall out you should be fine.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

This is what I suspected, I got six screws in there so it should be enough.

Why can't they be screwed inside? Is it aligned incorrectly? Or does the screw get blocked by something?

there is distance between the mobo and the stands, like Jlangford.9 there are premade punch-outs by corsair, and the formula as a metal backplate covering it.

The result is that the screws can't reach their home so to speak, and parts of the board is not touching the punch-outs.

is that standoff made for ATX? There are other standoffs for other form factors. Some ATX boards wont have the holes for certain connections because they don't need it sometimes.

Yes it is the right formfactor.

Just when I though about pairing these 2 together

I may want to change the case I want before buying...

Well I took off the thermal armour, and then it fit like hand in glove. So if you want the armour on, I'd suggest switching cases, or you could problably mod the stands and armour to fit.

Well I took off the thermal armour, and then it fit like hand in glove. So if you want the armour on, I'd suggest switching cases, or you could problably mod the stands and armour to fit.

Thanks, I was thinking of switching instead to R4BE  board so It would probably not have this issue.