educate me please? firetv?

blitzilla

So  my wife  wants  to  navigate  the web, watch shows  from  streaming website ( yes I know.... illegal...) and thats about it.
Does  a thing  like FIretv does  that?   I dont own a   Smart tv ( but my tvs  have hdmi ports...)  what exactly does  a device  allows me to do  vs a  standard Laptop Hooked onto a tv?

No, theres no web browser to my knowledge. It just has a library of popular streaming service apps.

You'll be better off getting a cheap pc and a wireless keyboard with a touchpad 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

6 minutes ago, Slottr said:

No, theres no web browser to my knowledge. It just has a library of popular streaming service apps.

You'll be better off getting a cheap pc and a wireless keyboard with a touchpad 

Not entirely true on the Samsung Smart TV I can get putlocker up and to watch a movie, but closing the ads is a different story with the remote!

8 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Not entirely true on the Samsung Smart TV I can get putlocker up and to watch a movie, but closing the ads is a different story with the remote!

Thats with a firestick? I was using one a year(?) ago and didn't have any browsers.

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 hour ago, Slottr said:

Thats with a firestick? I was using one a year(?) ago and didn't have any browsers.

Oh nah just the default software. 

3 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Oh nah just the default software. 

Okay yeah cause OP Is talking about the fire stick, not a smart tv