Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Primocache help

I plan to use primocache to speed up my 6tb hard drive with a ssd but I'm not sure what size ssd I should get to do this nothing on the drrive is important just games I would just like to speed up load times in games thanks in advance.

It depends on how large the games are that you play. If we're talking just indie games, even a tiny 60 GB SSD will do great.

However, if we're talking AAA titles that flood your system with data (DOOM, GTA V, Forza Horizon 4, etc.), then I recommend at least a 120GB SSD.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x || GPU: RTX 3080 Founders Edition || Memory: 48GB Corsair 3000mhz DDR4 (22GB PrimoCache) || Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk || SSD1: 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 (OS drive) || SSD2: 500 GB Samsung 860 EVO SATA (Cache Drive via PrimoCache) || Spinning Disks: 3 x 4TB Western Digital Blue HDD (RAID 0) || Monitor: LG CX 55" OLED TV || Sound: Schiit Stack (Modi 2/Magni 3) - Sennheiser HD 598, HiFiMan HE 400i || Keyboard: Logitech G810 || Mouse: Logitech G502 || PSU: EVGA 750-watt Gold

1 hour ago, MadPistol said:

It depends on how large the games are that you play. If we're talking just indie games, even a tiny 60 GB SSD will do great.

However, if we're talking AAA titles that flood your system with data (DOOM, GTA V, Forza Horizon 4, etc.), then I recommend at least a 120GB SSD.

I play ark survival evolved, rust, scum, call of duty black ops 4, and most of the rts games like command and conquer and ashes of singularity

@MadPistol with that being said say I want to speed up both my gaming drive and my os drive can I cache both with say one 500 GB ssd or would you just recommend just doing a data migration onto a new ssd for my os?

• 4 weeks later...

If you don't have your OS on an SSD, that should absolutely be the first upgarde you do. You will see a bigger improvement overall from that then having your game's cached.

OS should be on an SSD. That will make the biggest difference in terms of "feel" and responsiveness on a computer.

If you would like to have a cache on the other drives, that's completely fine. As for the OS drive, if it's on an SSD, I suggest leaving it alone and not adding a cache to it.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x || GPU: RTX 3080 Founders Edition || Memory: 48GB Corsair 3000mhz DDR4 (22GB PrimoCache) || Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk || SSD1: 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 (OS drive) || SSD2: 500 GB Samsung 860 EVO SATA (Cache Drive via PrimoCache) || Spinning Disks: 3 x 4TB Western Digital Blue HDD (RAID 0) || Monitor: LG CX 55" OLED TV || Sound: Schiit Stack (Modi 2/Magni 3) - Sennheiser HD 598, HiFiMan HE 400i || Keyboard: Logitech G810 || Mouse: Logitech G502 || PSU: EVGA 750-watt Gold