Upgrade Path from Current Rig

So I'm thinking of upgrading my current setup:
I5-6600K (none OC, but i might, if i end up waiting for prices to drop)

Z170 ASUS Pro Gaming MB

8gb (2x 4GB 2133 Mhz) Corsair Vengeance

GTX 1070 ASUS STRIX O8C

144 Hz 24" screen

Samsung M.2 960 EVO 256 gb

WD Black 2 TB

NZXT X62 Kraken

i just want to upgrade the CPU to a more Current model as im into gaming CPU intensive games (Total War series (heavily Modded)), X Rebirth, X4 Foundations, Cities Skylines, Sins of a Solar Empire (Heavily Modded), and World of Warcraft) on high refresh rate 1080P

but also expecting some Auto CAD, Adobe Premiere/Photoshop (wife's career), and perhaps VM's and Coding in my own step into IT studies.

these are the potential components and prices locally in the Netherlands, and no matter which setup i'd go for i would buy the RAM upgrade regardless.

Potential Processors    Core Speeds        Core/Threads        Cache        Price

I7-9700K        3.60 - 4.90 ghz        8C/8T            12MB        450 Euro    
I7-8700K        3.70 - 4.70 ghz        6C/12T          12MB        465 Euro
I5-9600K        3.70 - 4.60 ghz        6C/6T            9MB          300 Euro
Ryzen 7 2700X        3.70 - 4.30 ghz        8C/16T            16MB        330 Euro

Potential MB's                Price

Intel Z390

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi          207 Euro
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro                  197 Euro
ASRock Z390 Extreme 4                    174 Euro
Asus ROG Strix Z390-H Gaming        218 Euro (207 Euro Amazon.de)
Asus PRIME Z390-A                          194 Euro (183 Euro Amazon.de)

AMD X470

ASUS Prime X470-Pro                               174 Euro    
GIGABYTE X470 AORUS Ultra Gaming    139 Euro

Potential Memory Ram Kits 2 x 8gb

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro CMW16GX4M2C3000C15  (3,000 Mhz. CAS latency 15, True latency 10,00ns)        155 Euro

I must admit i am a bit of a Intel fan, and also i do love the turbo 3.0 on 9th gen Intel, so the CPU heavy Games will run well without the CPU being the bottle neck. i want some advise and perhaps a build based on these components that i have narrowed it down too and that i am comfortable buying.

I'm not here to tell what cpu you should snag, i do not condone getting an asrock mobo, i had 2 and each in due time the ram slots went out one by one and the rma process is a sham so I switched to asus and they are so much better with support and the bios interface, ocing was a breeze on asus  

Moonspice;

the prices im showing here are from a retailer that i trust, i purchased my current rig from them, and the Motherboard/CPU combo didnt function at all, in the end they were so kind to send me 3 new boards, and in total i had sent a motherboard back to them 4 times for them too fix it, and thats ASUS, like the ones i got were horribly marked and damaged, but in the end the retailer stood by it and helped me too find a MOBO/CPU combo that worked perfectly, and i dont trust any MOBO now really.

Would you recommend upgrading from a i3 6100 to a i3 8100 since atm the i3 6100 cant keep up that much for about 170 with mobo

I'd go for the Ryzen 7 2700X. It's got a bit longer lifespan than the Intel procesors would have.

Also don't judge a whole company based on one experience. I had an ASUS netbook that constantly failed and broke, but other ASUS products I have owned have been perfectly fine (including laptops and netbooks). 

5 minutes ago, CareLson1902 said:

Would you recommend upgrading from a i3 6100 to a i3 8100 since atm the i3 6100 cant keep up that much for about 170 with mobo

i3 6100 is a 2 core 4 threads, 3.7ghz processor while the i3 8100 is a 4 core 4 thread  3.6ghz processor.

your budget is 170 euro? the price for the i3 8100 here in the netherlands will run you 145 euro, leaving you with 25 euro for a motherboard.

sorry i forgot to mention im in the US for i3 8100 it is 115 usd so i have 55 usd for a mobo

10 minutes ago, CareLson1902 said:

sorry i forgot to mention im in the US for i3 8100 it is 115 usd so i have 55 usd for a mobo

CareLson1902;

to be fair, i quite honestly dont know what to say mate, all my information sources, and knowledge about prices and retailers to trust, and even the use case of the CPU/MoBo is all dutch. i think the direct competitor for the I3 8100 is the Ryzen 3 2200g, which are very similar to each other in spec, but i dont know much else about the use case? gaming, productivity, and the prices for appropriate motherboards in the US, having done a quick search on PC parts Picker these are the options in your price range

Motherboards Pc Parts Picker.PNG

PC parts Picker.PNG